pixeltracker

What is this year's Post Tony Flop?- Page 2

What is this year's Post Tony Flop?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#25What is this year's Post Tony Flop?
Posted: 5/13/10 at 9:38pm

What huge names does Come Fly Away have??

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#26What is this year's Post Tony Flop?
Posted: 5/13/10 at 9:46pm

Frank Sinatra, Twyla Tharp

jagfkb
#27What is this year's Post Tony Flop?
Posted: 5/13/10 at 9:56pm

^wow... just wow...

Also, in addition to musicals, on the play side, certainly Next Fall and Lend Me a tenor aren't entirely safe from an early closing... not to mention some of the long running shows (Hair in particular)

Drunk Chita Rivera
#28What is this year's Post Tony Flop?
Posted: 5/13/10 at 10:04pm

What is so "wow"

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#29What is this year's Post Tony Flop?
Posted: 5/13/10 at 11:57pm

I wish I knew everything when I was 11 years old.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#30What is this year's Post Tony Flop?
Posted: 5/14/10 at 12:35am

The only thing "Come Fly Away" has going for it is the greatest male singer of the 20th Century, Frank Sinatra.

With Sinatra's name attached to it, it will be a giant tourist show. I don't know how many international tourists will know Tharp. I think the show is simple enough to get people into the show. So, I think that the show can run through the summer, but once the prime tourist season is gone, I think Frank will be too.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Drunk Chita Rivera
#31What is this year's Post Tony Flop?
Posted: 5/14/10 at 7:15am

Can someone explain the mistake I made? Clearly I'm too much of an idiot teenager to understand.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#32What is this year's Post Tony Flop?
Posted: 5/14/10 at 11:57am

Tweenager.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Justaguy2
#33What is this year's Post Tony Flop?
Posted: 5/14/10 at 12:27pm

I'm not sure DCR. Perhaps the "wow" wasn't directed at you. IMO you did nothing wrong and said nothing that was "wow" worthy.

People are strange....

CFA would have been helped by a Best Musical nod (one that went to MDQ instead I suspect) but clearly their box office isn't hurting. They've got an almost $100 average ticket price and have been bringing in $700k plus since opening. If they can get their house percentage (and that theatre is huge for a dance show) up then we may see them join the million dollar club. At least over the summer. On top of that I suspect that they don't have a very rich nut. At this point it looks like Frank and Twyla are safe on Broadway for now.

MDQ will be lucky to see July.

Videos