Night Music Rush

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#1Night Music Rush
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:41pm

Does any one know where the student rush tickets are located? I know they used to be standing room? Has this changed?

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#2Night Music Rush
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:49pm

They seem to be primarily in the side orchestra - I've heard of people getting front-row center seats, and seats in the first few rows on the side.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2Night Music Rush
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:54pm

and sometimes the balcony

jaxel614
#3Night Music Rush Post-Reviews
Posted: 8/3/10 at 7:57pm

Any news on how the rush has been after the recent reviews? One of the greatest theatrical experiences I've ever had and am itching to see them again!

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#4Night Music Rush Post-Reviews
Posted: 8/3/10 at 9:10pm

I've rushed twice since the show reopened and have received the same seats both times: F 13-15 in the side orchestra.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Someday Profile Photo
Someday
#5Night Music Rush Post-Reviews
Posted: 8/3/10 at 10:55pm

I'm thinking about rushing the matinee tomorrow with a friend. How early do you think we should get in line? Is 9 early enough?

Also, was the visibility okay from the side orchestra, or is it restricted-view? Thanks in advance.

tking001
#6Night Music Rush Post-Reviews
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:04pm

I'd like to know as well
How many student rush seats do they have?

April Saul
#7Night Music Rush Post-Reviews
Posted: 8/4/10 at 10:24am

I rushed a couple of Sundays ago, and they had lots of seats for us. The first 10 people or so got tickets in the front of the orchestra; I was right after them and got mezz, which is not bad in that theater and actually moved down to second row orchestra at intermission because the show was by no means sold out. It doesn't seem to be a situation where the same rush seats are available each time, but people have reported getting seats as great as front row center if they're at the front of the line, so I'd go as early as you could, just in case.

But no set number of seats or formula, and hopefully the rave reviews haven't made it too much harder to get something decent!