pixeltracker

Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.

Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.

beautywickedlover
#1Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.
Posted: 8/8/10 at 11:47am

I am sad today that Laura Osnes is leaving "South Pacific" today. She's a wonderful Nellie and will be missed. I feel bad that what happened to Marissa Perry in "Hairspray" happened to her as well. The producers wanted the original actress to be on stage during the closing weeks of a successful musical. I am sure though that Laura will go on to another successful things.
Updated On: 8/8/10 at 11:47 AM

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#2Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.
Posted: 8/8/10 at 12:00pm

Thats so upsetting. I loved Laura's Nellie. And yes, I hope she goes on to successful things.

The Best of Times is Now!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.
Posted: 8/8/10 at 12:27pm

Part of the business, it's not personal -- she knows that. She was delightful (just saw her last week).

Seeing how few thought she'd get another job after Grease, I think she'll land on her feet. Word is that Osnes is a joy to work with and quite a hard worker -- that alone will bring her far.

I doubt it will be too long before we hear of her being cast.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#3Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.
Posted: 8/8/10 at 12:58pm

On top of her being wonderful in the show, she's got a lovely personality. I had my doubts about her after seeing her in the tank that was GREASE, but I'm glad I've been proven wrong.

Here's to a wonderful final performance and a successful career after!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#4Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.
Posted: 8/8/10 at 1:33pm

"On top of her being wonderful in the show, she's got a lovely personality. I had my doubts about her after seeing her in the tank that was GREASE, but I'm glad I've been proven wrong."

I know! Who would've thought that a reality show winner could've developed such a lucrative Broadway career and not be a flash in the pan?

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#5Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.
Posted: 8/8/10 at 2:59pm

And yes, I hope she goes on to successful things

I believe she's still attached to Bonnie & Clyde.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

broadwayboy987
#6Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.
Posted: 8/8/10 at 7:38pm

She is my favorite broadway actress, and I hope the rest of her career is amazing as it has been so far! She is incredible in everything she does in my opinion. I really hope she sings the hell out of Bonnie and Clyde if it goes to broadway I saw her in it in LA.

Dollypop
#7Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.
Posted: 8/8/10 at 9:32pm

Danny Burstein gave a lovely tribute to her after the bows today. There was a nice party for her backstage after the show.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Dollypop
#8Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.
Posted: 8/8/10 at 10:29pm

Backstage I overheard comments that "they're trying to get BONNIE & CLYDE on Broadway". Who knows how accurate that comment was?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

SamIAm2
#10Goodbye Laura Osnes, her final performance in South Pacific is today.
Posted: 8/9/10 at 12:49am

The Grease reality show is the only one I've ever watched. I tuned in to check it out because I love Broadway musicals. Laura is what kept me watching. The combination of her talent and her endearing personality stood out and made me feel compelled to root for her. Her craft has grown a lot since then. I think that she will have a very successful career and I will continue to root for her and to see her live whenever I can.