Next To Normal seating

glrichardson87
#1Next To Normal seating
Posted: 8/27/10 at 9:17am

Hey all,

I'm seeing Next To Normal next Thursday and I was just wondering where would be a better place to sit, orchestra or mezzanine?

Thanks

-Gary

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Next To Normal seating
Posted: 8/27/10 at 9:22am

Well, it certainly depends on WHERE in either of those areas you are, and what your preferences are.

I've been in the second row, I've been front mezz, mid-rear mezz and just a few days ago mid orch-dead center.

PERSONALLY, for such an intimate show, I don't care all that much for the mezz -- but plenty of folks will disagree with me.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

glrichardson87
#2Next To Normal seating
Posted: 8/27/10 at 9:36am

Mezz is Row A. Orchestra is Row M. I'm just afraid of not being able to see all three tiers

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Next To Normal seating
Posted: 8/27/10 at 10:15am

I was in row L last week. LOVED it. M should be fine....and is closer than the Mezz.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

JackSHC111
#4Next To Normal seating
Posted: 8/27/10 at 12:08pm

I have seen the show three times. It is a very intimate show, but I think if you sit too close, you lose a lot of the overall lighting effects which add to the show.

I have sat in Orchestra, Row J, dead center and in 1st row of Mezz. and both of these are PERFECT seats. You will not be disappointed with either of these.

Enjoy the show--it is great!!!

rjm516
#5Next To Normal seating
Posted: 8/27/10 at 12:44pm

I've seen the show multiple times, all in that very last row of the mezz (the cheap seats), and I think it's a terrific view. It's such a small theatre that every seat is prob fine.

nexttotheheights Profile Photo
nexttotheheights
#6Next To Normal seating
Posted: 8/27/10 at 11:18pm

Yeah, Last month I was in ORCH J in the Center Perfect view. Last year I was in ORCH M just as good. With this show you do not want to be too close or too far.

For those who thought NEXT TO NORMAL wouldn't have a life outside Broadway, well it's now playing in 4 cities, 9 different countries and has been translated into 6 languages.

bwaynews Profile Photo
bwaynews
#7Next To Normal seating
Posted: 8/28/10 at 12:04am

When I saw it, I was in the box on stage left. It was great for any action that took place on the second level because it was right there. But, I did miss things that happened on the main stage level. I know you didn't say you wanted box seats, but from my experience, being anything second tier isn't the best view (unless probably first row?). I'd go for orch but like others have said, it's not something you need to be close for. Mid orch is your best bet I'd say...

Follow twitter.com/bwaynews for photos, interviews, news, castings, giveaways and discussion :)

Videos