News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaynews

bwaynews Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaynews
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Godspell seating
 Jan 26 2012, 05:30:29 PM
The show is in the round and the theater is only about 11 rows deep - any seat there is perfect really. :)
Student Rush for Seminar
 Jan 22 2012, 11:31:51 PM
I passed the line a few times this week and it gets pretty long. I saw it go all the way past The Mountaintop on a Tuesday but be only a couple of people on a Friday. Probably varies by day...
Set design with grass floor?
 Dec 23 2011, 11:00:55 PM
fosca3-
RE: Jerusalem, I believe it was sod and as it wore down they just replaced it. Could be wrong but when I saw them loading out one day after they closed, I noticed piles of it on the sidewalk and paper wrappers that said "sod" so... yup. :)

Anybody try to rush Bonnie and Clyde or Stickfly recently?
 Dec 23 2011, 11:23:09 AM
I rushed B&C last Saturday which was the day following their closing notice. I got there at 9:10ish and was maybe 10th in line. By 10 the line got pretty long.
Kara DioGuaurdi Begins Broadway Debut Tonight
 Sep 5 2011, 10:55:22 AM
Just a heads up, according to her Twitter she will make her debut tomorrow night instead. Due to the hurricane things got shuffled around a bit.
Priscilla/Palace theatre question???
 Jul 27 2011, 10:13:06 PM
The stage is very high. There are some little things you miss and something above the audience you would miss (sorry to be vague but I try not to give too much away). A couple rows back in orchestra or front mezz is best for this show.
When does Anything Goes CD come out?
 Jul 27 2011, 01:06:31 PM
Via their twitter - no set release date but sometime late summer
Baby it's you Rush tickets
 Jul 17 2011, 11:42:06 AM
Its general rush and its really easy to get. I walked into the box office on a Saturday a little over an hour before curtain and got 2 seats in the mezz. Its a small theater, any seat is great!
2 Questions (Jerusalem Seating & Anything Goes Rush)
 Jul 16 2011, 10:42:25 AM
I saw Jerusalem prior to the Tonys. The theater had a lot of empty seats and tons of people moved closer at the intermission. So there's always that to consider :)
Anything Goes stage door?
 Jul 13 2011, 04:42:30 PM
If you're looking at the theater, there's an alley/walk way to the right. The stage door is there, you will see the barricades set up. I went to one of the first previews and Sutton came out and signed. You have better luck getting autographs if its not a matinee.
How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
 Jul 2 2011, 10:49:10 PM
It's pure insanity.
There are barricades on either side of the door. If you come wait before the show lets out, you have to stand on a certain side: security will watch and make sure actual ticket holders are on a specific side and everyone else waiting is on the other. When Daniel comes out, the shrieking (yes, shrieking) is so loud and everyone surges forward squishing everyone up front. I saw poor young girls who just wanted to meet someone they love get smashed against a barricade by crazy teenage girls that could care less about what they're doing to people around them. It's a madhouse. If you decide to wait, be prepared, it's not a pleasant experience.
That being said, Daniel does come sign for both sides of the crowd. He has a ton of things being shoved in his face and he's gracious enough to sign as much as he can. He does have a securty guard slowly nudging him along to his car. Chances are if you aren't in the first row or two, or you don't have really long arms to stretch over people, you won't get something signed. Not to mention he's short and you probably won't even see him

All that chat is just reporting HOW TO SUCCEED's 100th performance cancelled?
 Jun 22 2011, 09:17:20 PM
I've heard via twitter that a stage hand was seriously injured backstage I hope everything is okay
Anyone think Born yesterday post its closing notice tomorrow?
 Jun 13 2011, 07:38:39 PM
It really is a shame this show didn't gain more popularity. Its a wonderfully acted show. Nina took charge the second she walked out, she's spectacular. Jim and Robert are both fantastic. Really loved it, highly recommend it!
Peter and the Starcatchers Script?
 Jun 6 2011, 08:59:17 PM
I asked NYTW and they told me there will definitely be one, no time frame though
Does anyone understand the Jerusalem Rush?
 May 14 2011, 11:10:41 AM
I did rush for this show a week or two ago and lined up for the box office to open. I got box seats- the front row was filled so I'm guessing that's TDF or something. However, the balcony was pretty much empty and a good amount of the orch was empty.

According to the sign in the window they sell the $20something box seats as rush when the box office opens. Then they sell $36 tickets 2 hours prior to curtain. I'm assuming they are hoping people will come in between the 10am and 2 hour

Jerusalem rush
 Apr 27 2011, 09:59:38 PM
Rushed this morning (Wednesday). I arrived around 9:15 and was about 6th or 7th in line. I got a ticket for the matinee; they offer the boxes. During intermission I moved to the orchestra since there were a lot of empty seats. Small theater, good views everywhere!

And in case anyone was wondering, you don't need to pay cash for their rush, they take credit as well :)

Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
 Mar 31 2011, 05:18:52 PM
I highly recommend Catch Me If You Can and Peter & The Starcatcher :)

Catch Me is a fun musical. ...Funny, great music, good time. Aaron Tveit & Norbert Leo Butz are great together.

Peter is really something extraordinary, I have been telling everyone to see it. Best thing I've seen in a really long time.

What's a good play for someone who sees more musicals to see right now?
 Mar 27 2011, 08:07:09 PM
I'm a musical person as well so I can relate. I definitely suggest Peter & The Starcatcher. Aside from it being absolutely brilliant, I think it will be a nice show to transition you into seeing plays. It does have some music! :)
Peter and the Starcatchers
 Feb 26 2011, 09:46:38 PM
If you want to see something refreshing, inventive and brilliantly acted, see it. I absolutely loved it. The cast was extraordinary. It was the best thing I've seen in a really long time!
Billie Joe stage door question.
 Feb 2 2011, 01:39:44 PM
You could but honestly, a lot of people who aren't even there to see the show start waiting while the show is still going on.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You