News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nexttotheheights

nexttotheheights Profile Photo
Member Name: nexttotheheights
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Once  Apr 14 2012, 06:13:11 PM
I'm finally decided to see the show, and I'm really excited. I don't want to be that annoying person, but how are the seats from the side or rear mezzanine. It seems like an intimate show will I lose any of that if I sit there?
Theater quotes you must continue when you hear in everyday life  Nov 6 2011, 08:56:27 PM
"Hey"

"I've missed you these days, I thought you might call. It's been weeks"

re: Replacement vs. Original  Jun 26 2011, 01:57:01 PM
I think all four family members in NEXT TO NORMAL (Marin Mazzie, Jason Daniely, Meghann Fahy and Kyle Dean Massey) were all better than the originals.
Scenes You'll Never Forget  Jun 21 2011, 09:42:01 AM
I agree with all the ones from NEXT TO NORMAL, but the last ten minutes from Maybe to Light are just heartbreaking and incredible it's just one hit after another and I just get chills whenever they form the pyramid during Light.

From RENT New Years has always been a great scene for me.

Grade the Tony performances  Jun 13 2011, 04:23:57 PM
Book of Mormon: A+ (I was worried at first, but it was the perfect choice. It really showed off the show well and it was hilarious)
Catch Me if You Can: A (Always the show stopper)
Scottsboro Boys: A-
Sister Act: A-
How to Succeed: A-
Anything Goes: B
Priscilla: C+
Memphis: D (why were they even there?)
Spider-man: D- (I was bored out of my mind)

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/12  Jun 13 2011, 04:19:48 PM
Is there ever going to be a week where the Book of Mormon doesn't earn more money?
2011 Tony Award Thread - BOM Number  Jun 13 2011, 06:13:55 AM
I think that Scottsboro boys is now the show that fared the worse on tony night (losing 12 awards).
I was worried about Book of Mormon performing 'I Believe' but I loved it.
I think it was one of the best tonys in a while.

re: What is the LOUDEST show you've ever seen?  Jun 12 2011, 07:48:31 PM
IMO American Idiot wasn't that bad.
Next to Normal early in the run was super loud and I was sitting in row G. Later on I thought they fixed it but I think they overcompensated because it was almost too quiet and you couldn't hear the actors at some points.

Worst musical to win best musical?  Jun 10 2011, 06:18:29 AM
Memphis... just how did they win?
Next to Normal is one of my most favorite musicals (obviously), but I understand that Billy Elliot was an easier sell.

A actor that never performed their u/s role..  May 29 2011, 12:14:59 PM
Jenn went on as some of the other female roles, but never Wendla.
One performance you would like to go back in time to catch...  May 28 2011, 07:49:55 PM
I second the Ragtime OBC
Book of Mormon to do 'I Believe' on The Tony Awards.  May 25 2011, 06:36:57 AM
The 'Hello' idea was brilliant, but of course the Tony's are trying to be as boring as possible. I mean another medley, really?
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/22  May 23 2011, 04:39:42 PM
Book of Mormon's average ticket price is through the roof, wow... and Patti Lupone FANatic that is why their gross potential percent is so high with the premium tickets.
Most lucky Broadway theater?  May 21 2011, 08:02:26 PM
I don't think the Booth had a hit except "Next to Normal" and I think "I'm Not Rappaport". "Sunday in the Park with George" ended up losing money.
BROADWAY CLOSINGS - call it!  May 15 2011, 04:32:37 PM
I think Baby It's You will have some of the name recognition from the Shirelles and that will get it through the summer. From what I've seen it doesn't take that much to run the show.
BROADWAY CLOSINGS - call it!  May 15 2011, 10:28:59 AM
I think Baby it's you will make it to labor day and probably close. I don't even know anymore with Million Dollar Quartet.
Patrina or Sutton? And the Tony Award goes to????  May 14 2011, 08:19:15 AM
I think Patina will most likely upset just because Sister Act probably won't win anything else and Anything goes will probably win revival.
Spiderman 2.0  May 13 2011, 06:50:53 AM
The thing is I feel something like "next to normal" or the "ragtime" revival is a piece of art, something that makes the audience react in a way that the creators want. Spider(hyphen)man is more of a spectacle.
Is anyone seeing SPIDER-MAN tonight? (First show back after 'revamp.')  May 12 2011, 08:20:57 PM
How long until the first stop?
BROADWAY CLOSINGS - call it!  May 11 2011, 04:56:36 PM
"Not sure about the others that you mentioned, but I would be very surprised if "Wonderland" closed by the end of the month"

Oops... Wonderland closing May 15th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You