pixeltracker

Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft

Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft

dsaab
#1Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft
Posted: 10/18/10 at 12:46am

Hey guys,

I'm kind of new to this, so bear with me!

About a year ago, I was an antique shop that I visit reasonably frequently - I noticed for sale and snapped up SO quickly, what appears to be the of the 4th draft manuscript for Grease!!

What I would like to know is, how do I know if it is the original?

Please reply if you can help.

I will try to post a photo of the cover if possible, if that will help.

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#2Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft
Posted: 10/18/10 at 12:57am

Which GREASE is it? I still have the orig. playbill OF GREASE off Bway at the EDEN THEATER, I think pre 1972. Anyway, you probably got a real gem, because who would do a "fake" 4th draft? Interesting thread, because I live in the Theater District and have seen a few sidewalk booksellers selling (cheaply) original manuscripts of plays, movies, etc. I think there are a lot of writers around my bldg. that just want to get rid of "clutter"!

Good Luck, anyway, and enjoy!

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#2Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft
Posted: 10/18/10 at 1:27am

If it is the original grease then it is much edgier, takes place in Chicago, the song Summer Nights is not in the show- with "Foster Beach" in its place. The show was rated "R" and there was more Book and less music.
Updated On: 10/18/10 at 01:27 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft
Posted: 10/18/10 at 2:54am

Shows are not, and were not 'rated', so how could that be?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Yankeefan007
#4Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft
Posted: 10/18/10 at 9:12am

I'd love to read this, no matter what version it is. Can you scan it, dahling?

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#5Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft
Posted: 10/18/10 at 9:58am

R-rated IS an idiom, you know, implying the presence of a large enough amount of "R-Rated content" that it would get that rating if ratings were given to it.

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#6Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft
Posted: 10/18/10 at 4:37pm

I'd love to read it, too!

dsaab
#7Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft
Posted: 10/18/10 at 6:41pm

Further updating,

I've had a quick look inside and the Summer Nights song is in the script - bear in mind though that this a 4th Draft which is dated June 9 1977.

It is also all totally "glamourless" in look and presentation - making me believe it is real - what I mean is it's all typed and presented as you yourself as a scriptwriter would present a Draft version for submission. Also notably some pages have revision marks and dates on them from early to later in June of 1977.

Anyway, it's a bulky script so I don't know if I can scan all of it, but I will see....

tellybox Profile Photo
tellybox
#8Original Grease transcipt! - - 4th draft
Posted: 10/18/10 at 6:47pm

If it's dated June 1977, chances are that this is a movie script. The movie came out in 1978, if you were wondering.

This is very fascinating. I wonder if there are big changes in this script with the final shooting script.

Videos