pixeltracker

I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?

I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#1I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 11:54pm

I've had my tickets to Spider Man for March 15 for a long time. Will they still be valid?

ILuv2shop531
#2I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 11:57pm

It's very possible they could not be. If you live in the city you would go to the box office and ask. If not, call Ticketmaster

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#2I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/14/11 at 12:09am

Or, play dumb and just show up expecting to see the show. After all, how many openings do you get tickets for?

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/14/11 at 12:11am

If they tell you you can't use it, I would take them to court for breach of contract.

Scott Briefer
#4I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/14/11 at 12:30am

Unless they cancel that performance, that ticket should be valid.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#5I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/14/11 at 12:33am

The ticket won't be valid, because the opening night performance will start earlier, most likely at 6:30.

They'll technically "cancel" your performance on the 15th, and add a "new" performance that begins earlier in the evening (which they won't sell tickets to).

And then of course, when the opening gets pushed back to late April, this process will repeat itself.
Updated On: 1/14/11 at 12:33 AM

tking001
#6I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/14/11 at 12:45am

My friend just got 2nd row seats to the opening night show
Are we saying here that her performance will be "cancelled" and she won't be able to go?

HummingAlong
#7I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/14/11 at 1:00am

well said, adamgreer.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/14/11 at 4:16am

Yes, Tom that's what we are saying. It is HIGHLY, HIGHLY unlikely that they won't do exactly what adamgreer detailed.

They would HAVE to cancel the performance -- otherwise, how could they change the time? Besides if this monstrosity ever opens, you can guess it won't be with a bunch a normal, everyday yahoo's in the audience.

Stuped question to ask: I know when a show is cancelled telecharge and ticketmaster send an email or make a computer generated phone call. What about anyone that has purchased tix directly through the box office? Even with a credit card, the THEATER doesn't have your address or email-- and I'm sure the bank wont give that into out. And if you paid with CASH, there is NO papertrail.

Anyone here ever expeienced a cancellation for a show that you KNOW you purchased from the BO? (I'm just curious here.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

marcblack
#9I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/14/11 at 6:53am

I purchased tickets in cash from the box office for a cancelled performance of Spider-Man. They have no way of directly notifying you. I read Broadway news often, so was aware of the change of schedule. However for those not in the loop, they found out the news upon arrival at the theater for their scheduled performance. They were then given the option of a refund or exchange for a new date.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#10I've had tickets to Spider-Man for March 15. What now?
Posted: 1/14/11 at 7:33am

Not to worry. The opening will be moved up again so you should be just fine.

Poster Emeritus

Videos