pixeltracker

Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters
Posted: 1/29/11 at 9:29pm

I've not seen this before. It's very lovely; I thought it ought to be shared.

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#2Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters
Posted: 1/29/11 at 10:15pm

Wow- that's the most wonderful piano rendition I've ever heard of that song. I wonder who was accompanying her---- oh wait... that explains it. Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

SondheimFan23 Profile Photo
SondheimFan23
#2Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters
Posted: 1/29/11 at 10:24pm

YES!

"Look I made a hat... where there never was a hat." "Think of how I adore you, think of how much you love me. If I were perfect for you, wouldn't you tire of me?" "Somebody, crowd me with love. Somebody, force me to care. Somebody, make me come through, I'll always be there, as frightened as you, to help us survive. Being alive. Being alive. Being alive!" "There are worse things than staring at the water as you're posing for a picture after sleeping on the ferry after getting up at seven to come over to an island in the middle of a river half an hour from the city on a Sunday!"

binau Profile Photo
binau
#3Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters
Posted: 1/30/11 at 3:02am

Wow thanks. Interesting to compare how she sang it on stage.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#4Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters
Posted: 1/30/11 at 9:50am

She shows such remarkable restraint! And his piano accompaniment is jewel-like.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#5Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters
Posted: 1/30/11 at 10:36am

Amazing. No other word for it Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

wonkit
#6Send In The Clowns, Sondheim & Peters
Posted: 1/30/11 at 1:28pm

Beautiful. I love the look on Sondheim's face when he plays - almost like a twelve-year-old at a piano recital - and he's playing HIS music.