pixeltracker

Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder- Page 3

Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder

xoffender45
#50Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 7:51pm

Yeah, i think you're gonna have to wait as well. Or you can try to e-mail them at support@digitaltheatre.com and complain that you can't download the video. Maybe if they see that a lot of people are trying to download it, they'll make an actual effort to fix it

CurtainCall
#51Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 8:09pm

I had a little trouble downloading to begin with, but realized that I hadn't set up my Preferences. If you set up the folder to download to it's a pretty quick download. We've just finished watching it - and thoroughly enjoyed reliving a beautiful evening in the theatre.

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#52Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 8:22pm

Once I set up my preferences, will it automatically download or do I need to press a button somewhere?

#53Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 8:54pm

OK I feel like an absolute idiot but when you order VOB, for how long do you have access to it? And does that mean those of us wanting to order HD should still wait?

AwesomeDanny
#54Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 8:56pm

Okay, I'm having a little trouble understanding this. I bought the show online, and then went into the digital player. When I open it, it lists the show under downloads. I click play, and it says "checking DRM license..." over the player with a black screen for a while. When I wait long enough for that to end, the video player is a black screen that won't play when I click the play button. It never actually went through the process of downloading. Any idea what to do? I have a location for downloading set in the preferences.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#55Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 8:58pm

awesomedanny, I am having the same problem. Out of curiosity do you use OS X?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

AwesomeDanny
#56Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 9:04pm

Yes, I am running OS X. I looked at the help portion of their site, and it looks like when I go to downloads, it should automatically start downloading, but nothing's happening. I think I'll try switching computers to the pc and see if it works.

EDIT: I just tried it on a pc, and it didn't work. I think I'll try emailing their tech support to see how the problem can be fixed. Updated On: 4/1/11 at 09:04 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#57Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 9:17pm

I also tried Windows 7 and it didn't work. This is another ridiculous example of when DRM fails.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ChessMad Profile Photo
ChessMad
#58Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 9:28pm

For those who got as far as getting to the "Start Download" button in the player, here's what worked for me:

Go to preferences and check the directory where the file will be saved. If it says "Availability: Yes" and "Download Location: No", it wont work. Click add and set a new directory (preferably in the Digital Theatre map), click save. Restart the Digital Theatre player and click "Start Download" again and that should do it.

wickedfan11
#59Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 9:42pm

Where is the Start Download button?

ChessMad Profile Photo
ChessMad
#60Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 9:57pm

A tab should come up called "Available Downloads" in the menu on the left and there should be a "Start Download" button.

It took some time before it showed up for me but try shutting down and starting the player up every now and then if it doesn't show up.
Updated On: 4/1/11 at 09:57 PM

wickedfan11
#61Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 10:03pm

ITW is under the "My Downloads" tab on my player with "Play Now" next to it.

ChessMad Profile Photo
ChessMad
#62Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 10:17pm

It wont play unless you've downloaded it. It has to show up in the Available Downloads section before you can start downloading it.

My HD version just finished downloading. Fantastic quality!

wickedfan11
#63Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 10:27pm

Did yours show up under "My Downloads" before it moved to "Available Downloads"?

ChessMad Profile Photo
ChessMad
#64Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 10:33pm

Yes.
It's been in "My Downloads" since I ordered it from the day the Pre-buy was released. It went into the "Available Downloads" section a few hours ago.

AwesomeDanny
#65Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/1/11 at 10:55pm

Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder

I don't have an "available downloads" tab. This is what I have

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#66Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/2/11 at 12:00am

I'm having the same problem as AwesomeDanny. Nothing was ever downloaded, just have the "play" option and that never loads.

xoffender45
#67Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/2/11 at 12:34am

Like I said before, they're still experiencing difficulties with some people. I still haven't been able to download the video, just been watching the VOD. (Surprisingly, works better on their website than on the player)

They're still working on the DRM problem, apparently. I'm sure our patience will pay off tomorrow.

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#68Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/2/11 at 12:35am

Can you not use AMEX to order? It's saying my card number needs to be 16 characters but AMEX is only 15!

jimmycurry01
#69Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/2/11 at 12:52am

Have you learned nothing from Spider-man? Experiencing technical difficulties after already delaying the process is simply not acceptable. If I fork out cash for a file on line, I expect to be able to download that file with no problem. I have to admit, I am a little ticked right now.

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#70Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/2/11 at 2:07pm

Still won't work for me....I've heard nothing back from them either.

wickedfan11
#71Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/2/11 at 2:08pm

It's not working for me yet, either. I e-mailed them over 20 hours ago and still haven't received a response.

ChessMad Profile Photo
ChessMad
#72Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/2/11 at 5:50pm

It's not working for me anymore. I downloaded it yesterday and it worked fine. When I turned it on this morning again it couldn't play it. The file is a .f4v file which makes it pretty hard to convert to DVD format unless you can flesh out money on a converter.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#73Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/2/11 at 5:57pm

A converter won't work well because it has DRM protection. This whole thing is an annoying fiasco.

ChessMad Profile Photo
ChessMad
#74Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
Posted: 4/2/11 at 6:26pm

What is a DRM Protection?