Baby, THAT SUCKED!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#100Baby, THAT DID NOT SUCK!
Posted: 4/21/11 at 10:37pm

Baby, I'm Appalled and Borderline Offended!

I was so frustrated by so many elements of the show, that when the act one curtain fell, I ran. I just had to run. Despite the fact that a true star - Christina Sajous - continues her upward climb as a performer and made me forget how miserable I was. With any luck she'll get pick up by another show that I can stomach.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#101Baby, THAT DID NOT SUCK!
Posted: 4/21/11 at 11:00pm

Yes, this show is awful. It's embarrassingly awful. But for some reason I also found it a bit...endearing. Like in a "aaaw, look what it's trying to do, isn't that ADORABLE? It thinks it's worthy of Broadway! Have a cookie!" way. Whereas Wonderland made me want to gouge out my eyes and murder everyone around me.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#102Baby, THAT DID NOT SUCK!
Posted: 4/22/11 at 1:46am

What's so frustrating is that I know people that liked this show better than Memphis (which is already setting a low bar anyway), and people in the audience seemed to be eating it up. If this got halfway decent reviews, it could be the next Mamma Mia. And god know we've had a decade of that schlock lying around.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

spike3
#103Baby, THAT DID NOT SUCK!
Posted: 5/30/11 at 11:59am

surely you good people have more to say about "the golden oldies" musical

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#104Baby, THAT DID NOT SUCK!
Posted: 5/30/11 at 12:01pm

SH*Ttier than Carol Channing's bloomers, will that do?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#105Baby, THAT WAS WORSE THAN A HYDROCHLORIC ACID ENEMA!
Posted: 5/30/11 at 12:02pm

And cornier, too!

Updated On: 5/30/11 at 12:02 PM

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#106Baby, THAT WAS WORSE THAN A HYDROCHLORIC ACID ENEMA!
Posted: 5/30/11 at 12:40pm

We don't say 'corny' over here, we say 'cheesy', which works just as well.

AEA AGMA SM
#107Baby, THAT WAS WORSE THAN A HYDROCHLORIC ACID ENEMA!
Posted: 5/30/11 at 1:34pm

I saw it last week for free, and that's what I think it's worth. The person I was with and I both were willing to run at Intermission if we weren't having a good time. Well, ultimately we stayed. It wasn't so wretched that I felt the urge to flee, but I certainly would have been upset if I had paid anything more than my time. There are some good performances and a lot of talent trying very hard to make the most of very, very limited material (we were calling it Jersey Boys-ultra-lite).

Far from the worst thing I've ever seen. There really wasn't even enough for me to remember as truly awful. It's just one of those shows that in a few years I'll only have the vaguest memory of what I had seen, if I even remember it at all.

zamedy
#108Baby, THAT WAS WORSE THAN A HYDROCHLORIC ACID ENEMA!
Posted: 5/30/11 at 10:28pm

It's really too bad this show apparently doesn't have a stronger book at its center. I look at the all-black girl singing groups of the early 60s with tremendous admiration (especially the legendary Shirelles and The Ronnettes). The infectious songs that these beautiful girls first brought to life decades ago are just as magical now as ever ("Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Baby It's You, Be My Baby, Baby I Love You). They speak to you. They instantly transport you back in time to those high school years of innocence and optimism. They remind you of your first crushes. Your first heartbreaks. Maybe they can tackle the back-story of the Ronnettes in a few years and get it right?

All that aside.. I wish this show and hard-working cast nothing but the best!