Frenchie Davis on The Voice!

addybrown13
#1Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 3:21pm

Did anyone catch Frenchie Davis on The Voice the other night?

I think she killed it! It would be so awesome to see her win that competition. She's A-MAZING!

I found out from Upright Cabaret (my major source) that they put a video of it up on hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/235777/the-voice-frenchie-davis-audition-i-kissed-a-girl

She did a show with them this past summer that was unlike anything I've ever seen. She's a diva in the best sense of the word.
This is Frenchie singing Ain't Misbehavin':
http://youtu.be/wz7VVlE7qEk?hd=1

Fierce, right?

Thoughts, anyone???

-Addy
Upright Cabaret on Facebook

-Addy

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#2Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 3:25pm

Are you her mother, Greekie?

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

ace33
#2Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 3:26pm

while i think shes great... ANOTHER reality singing show for her?! her talents were already 'discovered' and she didn't quite make it... how is this format any different?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 3:30pm

I was extremely disappointed in her audition. I wasn't surprised only Christina turned around.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 3:34pm

Poor gal. Being reduced once again to the 'reality show' circuit. I guess no one wants her talents as she's never been signed by any record label, etc. Seems her AMERICAN IDOL connection and her run in the ensemble of the RENT production on Broadway seems to be her only shining moments.

Hey, Frenchie. If nothing comes of NBC TV's THE VOICE, I heard the Olive Garden in Times Square is hiring.

addybrown13
#5Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 3:35pm

I mean, yes it IS another reality show... BUT it does mean she gets another opportunity to put her face out there. Any publicity is good publicity, right?

It'll be interesting to see how Xtina develops her...

-Addy

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 3:36pm

Addybrown, you couldn't possibly be the same Addy who also signed up on 4/25 an started this thread, could you?

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#7Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 3:41pm

Is she gonna show her boobies again?

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

#8Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 3:43pm

lol. jordan.

I thought Frenchie chose the wrong song. and didn't really prove any strengths at all.

bad song choice.

Christina only turned around because she did a vocal run.
Which is why Christina turned around for EVERY other person that did a vocal run.

I don't get why these people think that doing vocal run=singing.

ace33
#9Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 3:46pm

Ha, your right about 'addy'... who is clearly someone from Upright Cabaret in LA...

thats fine if your affiliated (and great that your representing some of your friends and clients) but dont come on here with multiple SN's and (blatantly) ruin the little bit of integrity that this board has!

<-- one FORMER Upright Cabaret fan.
Updated On: 4/28/11 at 03:46 PM

addybrown13
#10Frenchie Davis on The Voice!
Posted: 4/28/11 at 4:25pm

It was not my intention for you to think I'm ruining the integrity of the boards here. I'm new to these boards and not quite sure how these work... Gotta start somewhere, right?

I'm legitimately excited for Frenchie Davis. I've been a big fan of her voice and her work since I first saw her on Idol.
I just wanted to start a conversation about the show and her performance and whatnot. Is that against the rules?

Not sure what you mean about the multiple sn's... Is it because I put my name as Addy instead of Addy Brown? I'm still getting used to the format.

And yes, I am a BIG fan of Upright. I've been following them for the past few years since they're one of the few sources for cabaret in LA. Gotta get your fix somewhere, right?

-Addy

-Addy

Videos