pixeltracker

5 EXPERTS PREDICT TONY AWARD WINNERS

5 EXPERTS PREDICT TONY AWARD WINNERS

Broadway_Boy2
#15 EXPERTS PREDICT TONY AWARD WINNERS
Posted: 5/12/11 at 3:19pm

5 EXPERTS PREDICT TONYS WINNERS

Melissa Bernardo (Entertainment Weekly), Harry Haun (Playbill), Michael Musto (Village Voice), Tom O'Neil (Gold Derby, The Envelope/LATimes.com) and David Sheward (Back Stage) agree on which Broadway shows will win the Tony Awards for Best Musical, Play Revival and Musical Revival, but they clash over who'll prevail in other top races. Read more:

http://www.goldderby.com/theater/news/1488/experts-predict-tony-award-winners.html

CLICK HERE to See Full List of Tonys Predix

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#25 EXPERTS PREDICT TONY AWARD WINNERS
Posted: 5/12/11 at 3:46pm

I still don't think Sutton Foster is the clear winner for Best Actress. Patina Miller has a strong chance. I really like how most other Actor/Actress categories there's no clear winner.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#25 EXPERTS PREDICT TONY AWARD WINNERS
Posted: 5/12/11 at 4:06pm

"Experts."

Best joke of the day.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#35 EXPERTS PREDICT TONY AWARD WINNERS
Posted: 5/12/11 at 4:39pm

How are the predicting John Laroquette over Rory O'Malley? Even if he deserves it more, it's not going to happen...

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#45 EXPERTS PREDICT TONY AWARD WINNERS
Posted: 5/12/11 at 5:47pm

I think Foster has a lot of buzz, I give her the edge just because she's in the stronger show, I liked Miller and thought she gave a star-making performance in SISTER ACT but I didn't think it was as strong a show as it could've been. She does give a worthy performance though, at the same time, I think Foster has the slight edge at this point. It sure is a close race though, things might go the way they went when LuPone was nominated for a revival and was set to win her 2nd Tony and LaChanze was giving a star performance in a new show (also based on a film). I thought LuPone had a really good chance of winning and then LaChanze won, so it might go the same way here.
I really really REALLY want Laura Benanti to win the damn thing! I didn't even see the show live but she's so marvelous in the cast recording, I can only imagine what she was like live.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

kidbroadway2
#55 EXPERTS PREDICT TONY AWARD WINNERS
Posted: 5/12/11 at 5:59pm

John Larquette winning is laughable.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#65 EXPERTS PREDICT TONY AWARD WINNERS
Posted: 5/12/11 at 9:39pm

4 out of 5 experts agree: Tony Sheldon will WIN THE TONY!

Benanti FTW for WOTV!

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#75 EXPERTS PREDICT TONY AWARD WINNERS
Posted: 5/12/11 at 10:06pm

I needed this laugh today.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Videos