pixeltracker

2 Questions (Jerusalem Seating & Anything Goes Rush)

2 Questions (Jerusalem Seating & Anything Goes Rush)

jherring1@gardner-webb.edu
#12 Questions (Jerusalem Seating & Anything Goes Rush)
Posted: 7/16/11 at 12:18am

I will be visiting NY in about a month and have two questions.

1) I will be seeing Jerusalem on Friday night. And have tickets for the the next to last row in the Mezzanine. I'm wondering how the view is in the Music Box from the Mezzanine. And in particular how it is for "Jerusalem".

2) How hard are Anything Goes rush tickets to get on a Sunday. How early should we plan on getting to the theater?

Thanks for any assistance!
Updated On: 7/16/11 at 12:18 AM

ILuv2shop531
#22 Questions (Jerusalem Seating & Anything Goes Rush)
Posted: 7/16/11 at 1:11am

For Anything Goes, I know they are not even offering general rush some days. If you are between 18-35, I would highly recommend doing Hiptix, its free.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#22 Questions (Jerusalem Seating & Anything Goes Rush)
Posted: 7/16/11 at 10:08am

I'm wondering if you might want to see if any of the discount links can get you seats closer than the last row of the Mezz at The Music Box

Jerusalem was terrific - and glad I caught it on a rainy Saturday matinee - If you can maybe move closer, I think you might have a better experience

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#32 Questions (Jerusalem Seating & Anything Goes Rush)
Posted: 7/16/11 at 10:24am

I saw Jerusalem in the mezzanine and it was fine. I wasn't all the way in back though. You will have no difficulties hearing every word, which is a joy because the language of the play is its most remarkable feature, among several great ones (I don't want to oversell Jerusalem, I have some issues with its overplotting and the murkiness of some of its intentions, but it is still a beautiful strong piece of theater). Rylance's great performance fills the house well, as one would guess. The Music Box is a perfect venue for this play and the rest of the cast does the play justice. I'd like to go back and see it up front, but I don't think rear mezzanine seating is anything to worry about.

bwaynews Profile Photo
bwaynews
#42 Questions (Jerusalem Seating & Anything Goes Rush)
Posted: 7/16/11 at 10:42am

I saw Jerusalem prior to the Tonys. The theater had a lot of empty seats and tons of people moved closer at the intermission. So there's always that to consider :)

Follow twitter.com/bwaynews for photos, interviews, news, castings, giveaways and discussion :)

Videos