Favorite Cut Songs

zamedy
#50Favorite Cut Songs
Posted: 8/4/11 at 10:49pm

Anyone know where I could hear a version of "Mamma's Talkin' Soft"?

bk
#51Favorite Cut Songs
Posted: 8/4/11 at 11:05pm

Lost In Boston III.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#52Favorite Cut Songs
Posted: 8/5/11 at 1:43pm

It doesn't really count as a cut song since it wasn't added in until the London production, but I really love "Ah But Underneath" and wish it was in the current Follies.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

#53Favorite Cut Songs
Posted: 8/6/11 at 5:32am

Mama's Talking Soft is also one of the bonus tracks on the Patti Gypsy--something I wish new recordings of classics did, in way of cut songs.

I love all three of Phyllis' numbers, and there are vallid arguments for using each of them, but Ah But Underneath is definitely the one of Sondheim's four new songs for the London Follies (with the exception of the new Loveland, which I used to prefer cuz it was even more ornate and over the top, now I'm not so sure) that could fit in the earlier script. The argument against it is it's a bit too self knowing.

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#54Favorite Cut Songs
Posted: 8/6/11 at 7:43am

Loopin' the Loop for sure.

turquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
#55Favorite Cut Songs
Posted: 8/6/11 at 7:56am

This is the London version but I really miss Don't Let Me Go and Build A Wall in Shrek. They have been removed with no replacements!

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#56Favorite Cut Songs
Posted: 8/6/11 at 2:19pm

Another treasure trove of cut songs is the Ben Bagley "Revisited" series of albums, from which comes one of my favorite cut songs "Everybody Loves You" which was cut from Rodgers and Hart's "I'd Rather Be Right".

And, bk, please try to get Schmidt and Jones to get back the rights to "Our Town"! "Grover's Corners" is too good of a show to sit in limbo!

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

bk
#57Favorite Cut Songs
Posted: 8/6/11 at 7:54pm

I agree, but they've had two go-rounds with it to no avail and I don't think they CAN get the rights back now.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#58Favorite Cut Songs
Posted: 8/6/11 at 8:54pm

Guess i can say this now since its coming back
Dont Waste the Moon from Carrie

Yes the lyrics are naff and the music would need updating but i kind liked it.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna