pixeltracker

Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?

Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#1Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?
Posted: 8/22/11 at 10:48pm

As Ms.Hart's father passed away last month i was curious if she had been out of the show and or was still out ?

Darreyl with an L!

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#2Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?
Posted: 8/22/11 at 11:01pm

She was out for a week a little bit ago, but I believe she's been back.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

#2Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:02am

i saw her last sunday

Mr. Wonderful
#3Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?
Posted: 8/23/11 at 9:08am

I never heard of a show called CATCH ME. Oh, I guess you mean CATCH ME IF YOU CAN ...

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?
Posted: 8/23/11 at 9:32am

^Wow..you have a lot to offer the discussion, yes?

to the op: I'm not being insensitive to the loss of Ms. Hart's loved one. But in any job, you get a certain number of days for bereavement. And while I'm sure a few extra days might be ok'd from her personal or vacation time...how long do you expect someone to be out of work? Theater is really no different than more 'traditional'. She has a job to do....just like most of us. A performer in this circumstance is not different. I get a MAX of 3 day of bereavement pay a year -- as long as the deceased is a family member -- which is pretty standard in the world. (I cannot speak to what b'way performers contractually receive.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Scarlett212
#5Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?
Posted: 8/23/11 at 7:00pm

Hey dramamama611, sometimes you have to stay at of work till your ready to go back to it. Just because you have only three days pay at your job maybe sometime off without pay is in order. We all need to morn at our own schedule or religious requirements. . Linda Hart will know when she is ready.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#6Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?
Posted: 8/23/11 at 7:09pm

I morn for about twelve hours every day.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?
Posted: 8/23/11 at 8:15pm

1. She's already back.
2. MOST people get back to work sooner rather than later. It's part of the healing process...leading a normal life.
3. Most folks can't afford not to work, and not all jobs will GIVE you time off.

Are there exceptions? Of course, but that's all they are. I only took the time to explain since many of our posters are pretty young (high school and college age) and don't really know how full time jobs work with things like bereavement. Heck, most kids are shocked when they realize they only get two weeks vacation.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos