News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mr. Wonderful

Member Name: Mr. Wonderful
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What should I see - Other Desert Cities or Son of a Prophet?
 Nov 2 2011, 09:59:38 AM
Definitely OTHER DESERT CITIES!
Need help picking shows Please!
 Oct 2 2011, 09:47:51 AM
Why are the only "shows" you are looking to see Broadway musicals? You could see plays such as VENUS IN FUR, CHINGLISH, MAN AND BOY,SEMINAR, PRIVATE LIVES and THE MOUNTAINTOP on Broadway. Off Broadway, MOTHERHOOD OUT LOUD is well worth seeing. Although I have not seen these yet, WE LIVE HERE (Manhattan Theatre Club:, BLUE FLOWER (a musical at Second Stage) and THE ATMOSPHERE OF MEMORY (LaByrinth, starring Ellen Burstyn all look very promising.

Think outside the box!

Why is Priscilla not doing better business?
 Aug 23 2011, 09:10:10 AM
I never heard of a show called PRISCILLA. Oh, I guess you mean PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT ...
Has Linda Hart been out of 'Catch Me' Lately?
 Aug 23 2011, 09:08:42 AM
I never heard of a show called CATCH ME. Oh, I guess you mean CATCH ME IF YOU CAN ...
Peter & The Starcatcher aiming for winter broadway debut
 Aug 23 2011, 09:07:40 AM
This is good news! Maybe Borle and Borat will still be able to do it.
Shows That Don't Age Well
 Aug 23 2011, 09:05:53 AM
You're cracked again. There are LOTS of stars who could do APPLAUSE.
Shows That Don't Age Well
 Aug 23 2011, 09:04:27 AM
You're cracked. LES MISERABLES is forever.
shows that you think have the pontential to surpass phantom's longest runni
 Aug 16 2011, 03:29:16 AM
Who knew that "Phantom," a musical by Maury Yeston and Arthur Kopit, has run 25 years on Broadway? Oh - you probably mean "The Phantom of the Opera," running at the Majestic Theatre.
Mark Taper Forum - The Novelist
 Aug 5 2011, 11:59:14 AM
This is not a "world premiere." I think it was produced regionally last season. Anyway, it is actually a revised version of a play presented as few years ago under the title THE BUTTERFLY COLLECTION.
2011 Drama Desk Award Winners
 Jun 2 2011, 06:35:51 AM
I saw WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN and thought it was brilliant. It did not deserve the bitchfest it received.
Why was the 1992 GUYS AND DOLLS so damn good?
 May 15 2011, 01:24:31 PM
It was so good because Jerry Zaks directed it. And by the way, the last revival was much better than the reviews indicated.
The next Pierpont Finch in HOW TO SUCCEED will be...
 May 15 2011, 01:18:15 PM
Daniel Radcliffe isn't 5'6". He's about five-three.
Sunday evening/Monday evening shows
 May 15 2011, 01:16:24 PM
The following excellent Off Broadway shows play on Sunday evenings:
FREUD'S LAST SESSION
THE INTELLIGENT HOMOSEXUAL'S GUIDE ...
PLAY DEAD

Get over the idea that there us some rule that the only shows to see are ones on Broadway.

Patrina or Sutton? And the Tony Award goes to????
 May 15 2011, 01:06:31 PM
Patina is the dark horse. I think she just might beat Sutton.
PRISCILLA and reviews
 May 15 2011, 01:03:36 PM
An important lesson to remember: just because it's in the NY Times, that doesn't mean it's true ...
Need Help with research project!
 May 8 2011, 09:51:04 AM
In a West End theatre, you can order a drink at the bar before the show and it will be waiting for you at the interval. Also, they sell ice cream in the aisles during the interval.
Next years shows
 May 8 2011, 09:48:40 AM
"Other Desert Cities is moving to Broadway?"

Yes. It would have moved this season but there was no available theatre.

Next years shows
 May 8 2011, 09:45:46 AM
MOUNTAINTOP is a monodrama about Martin Luther King, performed by Laurence Fishburne. DETROIT is a drama by Lisa D'Amour. It was at Steppenwolf, where it was praised by Charles Isherwood -- so that's why it's coming to Broadway (the NY Times is already on record as liking it). Austin Pendelton's the director.
Musicals that high schools have never done before?
 May 8 2011, 09:38:06 AM
The mistake you are making is to assume that there is some rule that high schools can only do musicals which have been done on Broadway. A progressive high school, one whose administration is not troubled by gay subject matter, might like to do ZANNA DON'T, for instance.
Visiting NYC - show suggestions
 May 7 2011, 10:51:23 AM
If you can only see two, see THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST and THE MOTHERF**CKER WITH THE HAT. I also highly recommmend BORN YESTERDAY.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You