Favorite Finales?

green waver
#75Favorite Finales?
Posted: 8/22/17 at 9:44am

Really hard category, I think. Is one's favorite because of its soaring, magnificent music-You'll never Walk Alone, Make Our Garden Grow,Sunday-or is a more joyous uplifting finale like Can't Stop the Beat or Raise your Hand the ultimate finale? What about the quieter, book driven endings like West Side Story, or My Fair Lady or The King and I? They're all perfect in their own way.

falsettoswasrobbed
#76Favorite Finales?
Posted: 1/24/18 at 3:58pm

"One" from A Chorus Line hands down

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#77Favorite Finales?
Posted: 1/24/18 at 6:54pm

In the Heights
Beautiful (the title song, not the encore)
Into the Woods

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

nonstopmachine
#78Favorite Finales?
Posted: 1/25/18 at 12:28pm

Gypsy!!!

Balthazar Chasen
#79Favorite Finales?
Posted: 1/25/18 at 12:46pm

Don't know if it's necessarily my favorite yet....

PIPPIN's revised finale really suits the show from a show business/entertainment standpoint.

The original's seemed modern in the 70s but the revival's seems traditionally Broadway.

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#80Favorite Finales?
Posted: 1/25/18 at 5:15pm

I personally adore the finale of Fun Home, having all three versions of Allison sing at once is so beautiful. Hearing Allison says "Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him" is such a perfect ending.

I also adore the finale of In The Heights, especially when he gets into how he is a streetlight. When I first heard it I wasn't a fan, but then seeing the show made me love it so much. 

But my absolute favorite hands down has to be Hair, now I recently got into Hair and as someone of a younger age it still does resonate with me and has really changed me as a person. Let the sunshine in is such a beautiful message of the world to come and it really makes me feel things. 

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM