pixeltracker

What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?

What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#1What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 10/25/11 at 8:00pm

I love listening to Sirius XM Live on Broadway. I love Christine Pedi and her Broadway Breakfast show...plus her Dueling Divas Saturday show with Seth Rudetsky and Seth's weekly program. What's been missing for an awfully long time is the Wednesday radio show, from the Time Square Information Center. I've had the chance to be there twice...once with Jack Plotnick and Bryan Batt (who sang an awfully funny "Caveman" song). The second show I saw was with the delightful Doug Hodge (La Cage). There have been constant reminders that the Wednesday show is on a summer hiatus. Well, summer has passed by and we're in fall. There's no mention at all of the Wed. show. Seth R. meanwhile is traveling all over the U.S. and the world. My cynical side is kind of going...hmmm? In the tv series world, a show going on "hiatus" means the show is going into the tv witness protection program. Has the Wed. show been cancelled and the powers- that- be will not let us know? It seems that the Fans of the Wed. show have been pretty much left in the dark, as to when the show makes a "return." ????? from RC in Austin,Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 10/25/11 at 08:00 PM

Emmaloucbway
#2What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 10/25/11 at 9:37pm

It's quite odd that they haven't announced something yet. I hope this didn't die. It truly was a great idea and an overall fun hour. The "Fans of..." facebook group isn't used anymore... which i find kinda suspicious. I heard rumors that it may undergo many changes.... but that was like months ago... haven't heard anything lately. It's quite odd that they left us in the dark like that..... I expected some sort of "announcement" by this time.

On a completely different note, if Sirius XM live on Bway never comes back i would be the last winner of the Showtunes Showdown.

random person 112
#2What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 10/26/11 at 8:52am

My bet is fantic you answered your own question seth is traveling all over the U.S. that's why there's no show with his schedule right now that's not possible, when it is i'm sure it'll be back.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 10/26/11 at 6:13pm

Well, I hear you. But, what concerns me is that the Wednesday show is on "hiatus", but Seth is still doing his weekly radio show. It would be a real bummer is the Wed. show as on "permanent hiatus." It's kind of looking that way to me. Maybe there is some kind of conflict between the Time Square Information Center and Sirius XM? Who knows? No one is talking. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Emmaloucbway
#4What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 10/26/11 at 9:25pm

I just checked the official "On Broadway" SiriusXM radio station's facebook page, AAAAAAANNNNDDD .... nothing. A few people have actually asked whether it would come back and no response. I have a horrible feeling that it's dead. What The Hey?  Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?    I hope it isn't!!!!

RemlapLBC
#5What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 10/26/11 at 10:01pm

Yes, but XM Live on Broadway was LIVE, and dare I say it, On Broadway. The XM Sirius DJ's don't sit in the studio the entire 6 hour shift like on traditional radios. They program their songs and record the in between chatter, and walk away after an hour or so, and the computers do the rest.

Emmaloucbway
#6What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 10/26/11 at 10:38pm

^^ EXACTLY. But Seth Rudetsky does a show every Wednesday I think called SETH SPEAKS. It has a live audience *i've seen it a few times,* so it is technically "LIVE." But like Sirius XM Live on Bway it isn't aired until Sundays. It's on the same day as Sirius XM used to be.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#7What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 10/26/11 at 11:18pm

I've written to a couple of people who know all there is to know about Broadway. Maybe they can shed some light? from RC in Austin, Texas

Emmaloucbway
#8What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 10/27/11 at 6:05pm

Keeping my fingers crossed if u hear any good news!!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#9What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 10/27/11 at 10:51pm

What The Hey?  Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?

Wow... I'll always remember the great times I had on Sirius XM Live on Broadway Wednesday show. from Roman Castillo Jr. in Austin, Texas

brochatkid
#10What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 11/2/11 at 9:37am

At the taping of the last show before the hiatus, it sure seemed like it was ending. They thanked everyone a million times over and took pictures of the entire Sirius crew next to the signs. Pretty unusual behavior. I still have my fingers crossed but do have doubts.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#11What The Hey? Sirius XM Live On Broadway Wednesday Show M.I.A.?
Posted: 11/2/11 at 7:47pm

I just don't understand all this waiting. If it's finished, the powers that be should just say so. It's so bloody irritating. from RC in Austin, Texas