News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RemlapLBC

Member Name: RemlapLBC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Boy George in MR  Feb 9 2024, 08:56:01 PM

I don't mind the megamix redo, if you're going to stunt cast, you milk it.

I hope that was just opening night, wow he was awful, even on his own songs.    I also kept waiting for him to tumble backwards when they had him lifted up in the air.  I hope future shows are better.  

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 9 2024, 08:34:30 PM

Broadway In Hollywood (Pantages) emailed to say it is announcing February 23rd.

It previously emailed saying Wicked would-be part of the 24-25 season but today's email said that once you renew you'll have "immediate access to" Wicked, so it appears to be an add-on. 

Ahmanson (Los Angeles) 2023-2024 Season  May 11 2023, 12:15:29 AM

I believe we are getting Matthew Bourne's Romeo and Juliet after its UK run this summer.   

2023-2024 Touring Season  Jan 26 2023, 09:09:36 AM

Mgr at Hollywood Pantages said they would announce on February 17th if not sooner.   The offer to pay &100 and auto renew expires Feb 8th so timing for 17th seems correct.  

I guessing Wicked, which seems to drop in every three years for six weeks over the holidays wiill either be a bonus or part of the season as it’s overdue thanks to Covid. 

Tours Pre / Post Pandemic  Jan 26 2023, 12:46:24 AM

I just saw Mean Girls at the Hollywood Pantages.   I have full season subscriptions to both it and the Ahmanson.   I knew Mean Girls was announced before Covid and I was curious what all actually has made it from what was announced. 
Of the cancelled shows, I’m most sad about not seeing SpongeBob. It looked fun.  Book of Mormon closed mid run at Ahmanson, our seats just happened to be the week before the shutdown so not included in the list below 
&nbs

Music Man Cast Recording  Jun 2 2022, 01:51:24 PM

Will the Hugh Jackman Sutton Foster led Music Man release a cast recording?

On the positive as long as Jackman is in the role, it's a huge sell out.

On the flip side, got fairly universally bad reviews.

Personally I saw it so would love to get the OCR on my iPhone.  I thought it was fun evening, but obviously not Pulitzer prize wining plot and I'm not sure who wrote new lyrics for Shipoopi that were either not needed or the wrong correction.  But would l

2022-2023 Touring Season  Apr 7 2022, 05:50:59 PM

fashionguru_23 said: "Wildcard said: "theatregeeklife said:

"CTGLA for Ahmanson have not announced yet."

What else is left for CTG?

• A Solider's Play?
  • 1776?
  • Ain't Too Proud?

"

Ain't Too Proud is playing over Christmas this year at theAhmanson.
"

It better be a "subscri

Jeff Daniels contract Kill a Mockingbird  Jun 25 2021, 09:56:41 AM
Thanks. Bummer I’ll most likely miss it. Or maybe just need to plan a fall trip. :)
Jeff Daniels contract Kill a Mockingbird  Jun 22 2021, 11:53:09 AM

Does anyone know how long Jeff Daniels will be back in to Kill a mockingbird?

We are thinking of a trip in May 2022?   If we can catch the original cast, I'd love to buy tickets.  If Jeff will have moved on, I'm sure we'll catch it on the National Tour, if that resurfaces.   I would normally assume the OC would stick around thru the Tony Awards, but as this opened in 2018 he has no reason to stick around if he doesn't want to.

<

Do you think the ùPhantom film should have been made earlier?  Dec 31 2020, 06:12:37 PM

The awful movie has do with the Director and Actors cast.   When they made it wouldn't have mattered if they had made the same artistic choices.   I agree with others that wish the Crawford and Brightman would have been filmed such as Hamilton or Newsies.  

Changes in shows?  Dec 31 2020, 06:09:49 PM

Positive,

Crutchy's song added to the second act of Newsies.

Mary Poppins.  Broadway was better than the West End and the First National Tour was better than Broadway.

Negative.  Cameron Macintosh's All New Production of Phantom of the Opera.  Just no.  

Neutral: Cameron Macintos's All New Production of Les Miz.  Not as good as the iconic original, but everything holds up so much better, it's still a great shows.

Phantom & Christine Doubles  Apr 27 2020, 12:53:57 AM

Thanks for everyone that replied, I learned a few things about my favorite show I didn't know before. 

I originally saw the London production in 1989, saw the Los Angeles production more times then I can count, and I agree with all of the comment about Dale Kristen, who was amazing, as of course the three main Phantoms we had in LA.  2nd and 3rd National Tours. Las Vegas production a few times, and I'm sorry to say, "Cameron Macintosh's All New production.&qu

Phantom & Christine Doubles  Apr 22 2020, 02:49:47 PM

After 30 years, is spoiler alert needed?

Title Track....

Phantom & Christine run down stairs, or off stage depending on theatre and hightail it backstage to the boat to come onstage across the lake in the second half of the song.

Doubles instantly appear at the top of the stage and crisscrossing down the path, lip-syncing.

So question is, who is playing Phantom and Christine during the first half of the song?  Do the standby's have to actuall

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?  Mar 17 2020, 12:40:06 AM

I live in Los Angeles.

Margarittaville.  Don't feel sorry for me, I had season tickets with a conflict so we changed dates.  Found out it was "Press opening" and Jimmy Buffet himself came out sang the title song as an encore in person.

in NYC, Bette in Hello Dolly

Are shows truly frozen after opening?  Feb 23 2020, 03:39:12 PM

bwaybffs said: "On top of a new cast steppinginto the principal roles of Frozen The Musical, there was anew song added to the show called "I Can't Lose You." I thought shows were considered "frozen" after opening night (i.e. no further changes will be made to it).Does this happen often? Can someone explain this to me? I am very confused."

Les Miz on Broadway was trimmed down to get it under 3 hours and stop paying OT every show.

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 19 2020, 02:05:53 PM

Three of the show at the Ahmanson are part of "Our New Encore Series and you'll have the option to select one as part of your subscription"

Dear Even Hansen

Aint too Proud

Come From Away 

As Les Miz just played in last year's Pantages, I wish it was a bonus option but i'm sure i can find a friend to sell them too.  Orchestra seats for cheap.  :)      DEH will be my encore selection. 
<

Winter Garden additional Row  Feb 15 2020, 10:41:04 AM
First while I understand OPs disappointment some of the comments make make laugh. If the row is BB on the standard seating chart that does imply the Winter Gardens orchestra pit in flexible in design and the there is an AA that can be added at Producers descression. This is not an evil producers being like a low budget airline. They aren’t sliding each row in the orchestra closer together to cram in an extra row.
Going back to Rent and continuing thru today many shows use the First Ro

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 8 2020, 02:34:48 PM

Det95 said: "Yeah, hairspray confused me why it wasn’t an add on. I feel now that they’re using the Music Hall again The Bands Visit should’ve gone in there. It’s a much more intimate theatre. I’m hoping the add-one are good."

Don't complain. Here in Los Angeles, we get The Bands Visit at the Dolby.   Just look at the barn of a room when you're watching the Oscars.   It's what we get for 18 months while Ha

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 4 2020, 01:59:22 PM

it says 7 show subscribers can purchase additional Hamilton tix in a new presale block.  Hamilton is extending and I’d be shocked if Harry Potter comes to LA until it closes at the Curran.  On related note saw it last week and it was better in SF than in London  (or maybe I was less jet lagged but it was still amazing and I knew what to watch for). 

MATTHEW SCHMIDT said: "Since as of now the Pantages is currently open from Dec '20 to J

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 4 2020, 09:46:20 AM

and the best past of this.  Hamilton has an end date and there is a confirmed light in the tunnel on the return to the Pantages before the first show at the Dolby.    I can survive the two seasons at the Dolby. 

also I’m thrilled about Moullin Rouge.  Almost flew to NYC to see it.  Still might but happy I have tickets here. 
this is also first season announcement in like three years I haven’t immediately said I was go

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You