Other Desert Cities Discounts??

drewmangroup Profile Photo
drewmangroup
#1Other Desert Cities Discounts??
Posted: 11/7/11 at 9:57pm

I am visiting New York next week. I didn't think Other Desert Cities would make it to the final round of shows I would like to see, but, after reading reviews, I realize it's right up my alley. Much to my chagrin, I realize THERE ARE NO DISCOUNTS!!! I looked at the grosses - solid attendance at 90%, but average ticket price is about $70. I realize the initial discount offer has expired, though certainly many tickets were purchased in advance, but that doesn't seem enough to keep the average price so low or, at least, to convince producers further discounts aren't necessary. It is not on TKTS, no rush tickets of any kind, and certainly not on tdf. Does anyone have an idea if there are discount tickets available elsewhere? It also seems odd that a show like The Mountaintop with movie stars, a higher profile, and higher grosses still has discounts. I'm just confused. Please help me, Broadway World posters...

HBBrock
#2Other Desert Cities Discounts??
Posted: 11/7/11 at 10:12pm

It's a Lincoln Center production at the Booth Theatre....which means they have tons of subscribers buying discounted tickets.

broadwayjunkie3 Profile Photo
broadwayjunkie3
#2Other Desert Cities Discounts??
Posted: 11/8/11 at 12:14am

They have the 25-35 year old ticket price. I picked up my ticket last week for $30. Check out BroadwayforBrokePeople.com.

Megs

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#3Other Desert Cities Discounts??
Posted: 11/8/11 at 2:51pm

The show is a white hot hit selling out almost every performance, so I do not foresee any discounts other than the programs that are in place. I don't think there will be another public discount code until after the holidays if even then.

When you combine the high profile cast, the excellent reviews and word of mouth there is not need for discounts.

Also if you are going next week and want to see the show, I advise you to book now at full price. The show is selling out.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

mar6411
#4Other Desert Cities Discounts??
Posted: 11/8/11 at 3:11pm

Any news about a possible extension past Jan 8?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#5Other Desert Cities Discounts??
Posted: 11/8/11 at 4:17pm

The low average ticket price is because of Lincoln Center subscriber rates--subscribers pay $40 during previews and $50 after opening, and the LincTix members can buy $30 tickets throughout the run. If you saw how long the cancellation line was at a recent performance I attended, you'd understand why there are no discounts.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Videos