pixeltracker

What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#1What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 8:45pm

Mine is 'Turn It Off'.

Ejm105989 Profile Photo
Ejm105989
#2What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 9:01pm

It's a 3-way tie between "I Believe" "You and Me" and "Man Up"

Yes, I love the show very much :P

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#2What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 9:22pm

There are so many to choose from! I really like Man Up because of how energetic it is and that it showcases many of the standout songs. Turn It Off is hysterical, as is Hasa Diga Ebowai. Sal Tlay Ka Siti wins for best power ballad in a while, though, and Nikki James has sold it both times I saw the show. Final Choice: Man Up

Emmaloucbway
#3What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 9:30pm

ALL OF IT.

Well I love the beginning from Hello to You and Me (But Mostly Me) a lot.... also LOVE Turn it Off. And Man Up. There. I can choose three.

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#4What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 9:34pm

I laughed the most during Joseph Smith: American Moses. I think Sal Tlay Ka Siti stuck with me the longest. And I loved the staging of Turn It Off.

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#5What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 9:52pm

These choices are all songs, not scenes.

Ejm105989 Profile Photo
Ejm105989
#6What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 10:00pm

The scene which these songs were sung are the ones that I love. And I guess, the moment they arrive to Uganda.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#7What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 10:36pm

Hasa Diga Eebowai Reprise. I actually didn't enjoy the show that much, and that felt like one of its most genuine moments. Shame it's not on the CD.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#8What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 10:37pm

The first thing I thought of was the whole meeting the Ugandan missionaries / "Turn it Off" scene.

But "Joseph Smith American Moses"... lord. I feel sorry for the people who know that it's coming now. Seeing it the first week of previews was incredible.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#9What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 10:46pm

I won't edit my post, but I thought it was clear that most people were referring to the scenes the songs appeared in.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#10What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/21/11 at 11:08pm

I'll add that Joseph Smith: American Moses is the best scene. It always gets the biggest response.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RickyMT Profile Photo
RickyMT
#11What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/22/11 at 5:56am

I thought the "baptize me" scene was hilarious

TulitaPepsi Profile Photo
TulitaPepsi
#12What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/22/11 at 5:11pm

Kad: totally agree. I had no idea. And I never laugh at shows, but I was keeling over with laughter at it. Like, 'side-splitting' laughter.

"Hurry up and get into your conga clothes - we've got to do something to save this show!"

Owen22
#13What Is The Best Scene From Book Of Mormon?
Posted: 12/22/11 at 7:49pm

Though its one of my least favorite sequences, 'Spooky Mormon Hell Dream' contains my favorite line from the show:

"I can't believe Jesus called me a dick!"

Videos