pixeltracker

Madonna's MDNA Album & Singles Chat- Page 8

Madonna's MDNA Album & Singles Chat

FindingNamo
#175A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/26/12 at 10:13pm

I think we're having a separate country/same language colloquial misunderstanding, sanddman. I don't know what that sentence directed to me means.

"Turn up the Radio" made me very sad because there once was a time when Madonna would have recorded "Hello" and not a knock-off/remake of it.

"I Don't Give A" is just another case of the lady protesting way too much lyrically. I think you DO give a, Ms M. Just like how you once told us you'd "heard" all criticism "before" and so it didn't matter to you, when obviously it mattered a lot and probably cuts you to the quick.

So maybe the point, this time, is to just not pay any attention to the lyrics Madonna is singing since she obviously didn't pay attention while creating them? In many instances, it SOUNDS good. "I'm A Sinner" sounds fantastic, but like a lot of the stuff I've heard so far, it's sonically good but anybody at all could be singing over it. "I'd Addicted" could literally be any faceless studio vocalist playing over a bathhouse soundtrack. Not that there's anything wrong with that at all.

ETA Okay, that's what I get for saying I like "I'm a Sinner," (I admit I wrote that before she had even got to The LIves of the Saints section), but how does she follow that? With the three most bloodless, turgid songs on the record. Granted, there are no dreadful collaborations with people the hip kids were listening to three years ago, so that's a plus. But really. "Love Spent" is abhorrent lyrically and bland sonically. Then the damn last two songs are like a tire with a slow leak finally, at long last, coming to a flattened standstill.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 3/26/12 at 10:13 PM

wexy
#176A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/26/12 at 11:35pm

Since I have Yankee tickets, I get in for all the concert presales and I get the grandstand seats just to go (I saw Jay Z/Eminem and McCartney there and they do a great job on the concerts

anyway for getting tickets, they sent me two free Madonna CDs today
I will listen tomorrow and will give my two cents

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
Updated On: 3/26/12 at 11:35 PM

FindingNamo
#177A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 12:05am

Just so everyone is well aware, this is the strategy of Prince's that Madonna is stealing saluting in order to hype her album to the #1 position on Billboard's Hot 100. He's the one who pushed to let the giveaways "count" and voila! NUMBER ONE! Good show Madonna, find some Molly and go listen to Avici, you've earned some down time after all this hard work you've done to promote the album you obviously worked so long and hard to complete!!

Updated On: 3/27/12 at 12:05 AM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#178A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 7:55am

Namo, sorry that was very British of me. Let me put it another way, i think you talk nonsense sometimes for either the sake of talking and to desperately try and strengthen some strange hatred you have for her or to even try and annoy the Madonna fans.

She sounds nothing like you described on Gang Bang, her simple vocal works to perfection on that track. You HATE Love Spent....maybe because we all keep saying how great the song is (you didn't find anything good musically in that song? get a grip, out of all the songs that is probably one of the most musically interesting).

With you i get the feeling that you sat home and enjoyed the album, but you will never say that (Turn up the Radio sounds like Hello? lol)

Namo you do know that concert ticket/CD packages make up under 5 percent of actual sales right, it's hardly going to make any difference to anything. Plus most Madonna fans had already pre ordered the album before tickets went on sale so did not pick that package where you can get a CD (i did not)
However i do love you and your insane observations so i welcome more. Now come on Namo, admit that you loved MDNA

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#179A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 8:42am

Namo you do know that concert ticket/CD packages make up under 5 percent of actual sales right

That is not at all the statistic that I have seen. Where did you get that number from?

....but the world goes 'round

songanddanceman2
#180A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 8:50am

UKMIX forums, people on there who report chart data etc

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#181A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 10:34am

This review is a pan, but a very smart, thoughtful one

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

#182A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 10:42am

Isn't 'hello' and 'Turn Up the Radio' the same producer anyway?
So the sound would be similar, no?

songanddanceman2
#183A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 11:20am

haha i love that people keep posting the few negative reviews, brilliant, you click on this thread and would be sure the album is a disaster lol

Lets do the positive shall we
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/madonna-album-review-2012273

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/madonna-mdna-album-review-5-out-of-5-stars/9992844

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/reviews/894068-madonnas-back-to-her-opinion-dividing-best-with-mdna

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/mad_madonna_still_ray_of_light_QYM1bTSAiwO4EXm7mQ7nrJ?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Music

http://www.chron.com/default/article/The-queen-of-pop-isn-t-dead-3430567.php

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/242062/Madonna-MDNA-Album-Review/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/music/mdna-review-madonnas-new-album-754626

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/mdna-madonna-great-cd-exhilarating-return-pop-dance-article-1.1048414

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-24/entertainment/chi-20120324_1_mdna-orbit-returns-album-review

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/music/review-madonna-is-back-with-strongest-record-in-years/article_bdbf6515-eb4e-5e83-80a4-778f323c6cf9.html

http://www.nme.com/reviews/madonna/12935

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/madonna-still-on-top-with-mdna-1.3620167

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/albumreviews/a372874/madonna-mdna-album-review.html

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/309950/CD-Review-Madonna-MDNA

http://www.slantmagazine.com/music/review/madonna-mdna/2747

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-beat-goes-on/posts/album-review-madonnas-mdna-features-beauty-in-the-beat

http://www.samesame.com.au/reviews/8161/Madonna--MDNA.htm

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsburger/53773861-53/madonna-album-mdna-minaj.html.csp

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/brnv

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/reviews/story/2012-03-15/madonna-mdna-album-review/53690586/1

An thats just a few

Now please continue negative Nellie's lol

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#184A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 11:22am

Really? You don't remember all the positive links that were previously posted?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#185A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 11:48am

I'm really liking the album as a whole...which is something I haven't said about a Madonna album in a while. I LOVE Turn up the Radio, Gang Bang, Love Addicted, Masterpiece, and I'm a Sinner. For me the only two misses are Gimme All Your Luv and B-Day Song.

songanddanceman2
#186A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 12:10pm

Matt the couple of Positive links were posted by Madonna fans, i just thought it was funny that the 'non fans' were posting links to the few negative reviews

FindingNamo
#187A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 3:01pm

I think a "former fan" is a different beast than a "non-fan." I wrote a good reply earlier today on a damn iPad, one slip of my finger and voila, gone.

I'll summarize:

The album is a patchwork as a result of all the different producers, which means it is not in any way cohesive. This is typical of the pop of today, which is sad because we used to be able to expect so much more from Madonna.

I made the point about "Hello" because it does sound like "Hello." No doubt she hired the producer because she wanted another "Hello," and who can blame her? It's sad because she used to be the one to come up with the "Hello"s that other people wanted to copy.

I hate "Love Spent" because it's another "victim of a bad man" song from the woman everybody wants to champion as this great strong independent feminist. You know, she's so smarrrrrt and nobody tells Madonna what to do. And yet, ANOTHER man made her "swallow her light" and, as it happened, step away from the gay world that nurtured and supported her. But she's BACK!!!! And this time not just in a "Dancing Queen" frock to wink at you while her husband secretly controlled her. I just hate it because you wonder where this voice was when she was actually IN this relationship, refashioning herself as a British children's authoress with a funny accent? I actually don't give a crap about her grab bag of children, but I do question trashing the father of whichever one is the actual spawn of Guy Ritchie's. I know it's not David Panda, but the other one.

The world of the Billboard Hot 100 is a different one than even 15 years ago. Nowadays, albums that sell under 50,000 copies make it to #1. The giveaway is specifically so she can claim the spot, even if it sells hardly any actual copies in the US. That is exactly why she is doing it.

I'm actually really grateful for the chance to listen to the whole album on Spotify, because I didn't know there was a new album released by Lee Ranaldo from Sonic Youth yesterday too. It was like settling in for a nice warm bath after the empty Madonna calories. It's nice to listen to organic music, not created in a test tube. And how great to hear it from somebody whose first group came up out of the same lower East Side milieu as Madonna, and who Madonna sued when their side project Ciccone Youth released "Into the Groovy." It's nice to remember a time when Madonna was creative enough to inspire actual artists.

songanddanceman2
#188A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 3:25pm

So Namo, because she ended up in a relationship and it ended and she had to compromise in a relationship she is some how a weaker person or a fake, how bloody stupid. She learnt something in a relationship, good or bad, that does not mean that all she stands for is suddenly a mute point, and if you think that you really are clutching at straws.

You have mentioned a few times about her turning her back on her gay fans, Guy Richie the homophobe etc. Stuff you got from her Brothers book, her brother who is a bigger attention whore than she is, so that is who you choose to believe? what a joke. And she never turned her back on her gay fans, she did her bloody campest album whilst she was with Guy (Confessions) and also finally played G.A.Y in London with that album.

She did not brand herself a BRITISH children's book writer, she was a childrens book writer who was living in the UK. And what is wrong with that, she lost her voice again? did not stay true to who she is because she wanted to write books after she became a mother?

Your points are insane, she will change, grow, meet new people, compromise, evolve etc, what do you actually expect her to do? You seem to think that she should not have any kind of romance with a man who she cant fully control, she should not write kids books because she's a diva etc. Idiotic. These are just your silly (and rather empty) ways at bashing her.

'It's nice to remember a time when Madonna was creative enough to inspire actual artists.'

That line is too idiotic to argue with

As for her album deal at the concert (which if you check is not with every ticket purchased you have to select that actual package). Good on her, good marketing. However the fact her album became the biggest ever pre order album in history means that she did not need to do this at all. The first few days of sales for MDNA have been very strong before even taking the concert ones in to account.

Updated On: 3/27/12 at 03:25 PM

songanddanceman2
#189A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 3:41pm

PS Matthew Rettenmund from Boy Culture said

'If you hate "Love Spent" and hate "Gang Bang" and hate "Masterpiece" and hate "Love Spent"...what did you ever find appealing about Madonna in the first place?'

Could not agree more

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#190A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 3:53pm

'If you hate "Love Spent" and hate "Gang Bang" and hate "Masterpiece" and hate "Love Spent"...what did you ever find appealing about Madonna in the first place?'

Absolutely nothing. Not liking her new songs means I never liked anything she ever performed. Because they are all exactly the same. She only ever recorded one album.

Pretentious crap like that only makes Madonna and her fans less and less appealing. But at least it sounds directly in line with something Madonna would say herself at this point in her career. She absolutely loathes hydrangeas, you know.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

FindingNamo
#191A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 3:55pm

To be honest with you, I think that's an excellent point. As the scales fell from my eyes half-way through that fateful "Confessions" show, I began the long process of asking myself that very question and it's a process that continues to this day.

And frankly, "at least she's a strong feminist" was, at one time, one of the redeeming things that made up for many of her missteps, to my way of thinking. But, you know, she went from calling her first husband "the coolest guy in the world" in one album's liner notes to turning her tale of abuse in THAT marriage into a "confessional" pop song. It's just disheartening to find she's just another bubble head willing to NOT stand strong as long as she gets the guy she wants for a while.

Oh, and the AV Club review expresses more articulately what I was trying to say about the record.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#192A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 4:00pm

Why does anyone care if other people don't like Madonna? If you're a fan, GREAT! I'm a fan, but I don't care (no offense) if Namo doesn't like her anymore. I still do. There's more important things in this country and in this world to try to change certain peoples views about than Madonna.

#193A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 4:20pm

I love David Panda....

songanddanceman2
#194A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 5:46pm

I am not bothered if people like Matt does not like her as i just hear insult after insult and that does not interest me at all (Love Spent and Masterpiece are pretentious? OK) But Namo, i love chatting with Namo about it, he's a cool guy and even though we do not agree on the points i have a huge admiration for him, he's a smart guy who creates debate. Honestly i would love to sit and have lots of drinks with Namo and just chat away, i find him hugely fascinating (in the best possible way).

FindingNamo
#195A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 5:58pm

Lots of drinks? That couldn't possibly end well. When will we do it??

And you know, sanddman, this debate really all started when I responded to your (in my view, unfair) criticisms of Gaga's work with the gay community, which you saw as somehow inauthentic as compared to Madonna's. I know pop is all about contradictions, but I see too many in that argument.

And as for other pop contradictions, I am trying to weigh out the contradictions inherent in songs like "Gang Bang" and "I Don't Give A" when compared to "I Effed Up." That's one of the rare songs where she shows some humility, but I don't think it makes up for the viciousness in the other two. And I'm not surprised, therefore, that "I Effed Up" isn't included on the album proper.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#196A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 6:30pm

I posted the link because I thought it made some interesting points about pop, ageism, Madonna herself and how she fits into the pop landscape.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

#197A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 6:48pm

I wanna have drinks with Namo too....

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#198A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 7:31pm

I really can't recommend it.

songanddanceman2
#199A return to the Dance Floor- Madonna's New single' 'GIRL GONE WILD'
Posted: 3/27/12 at 7:36pm

But Namo i dont see why she can not be vicious, it's music, it's a chance to explore and play roles (as she was doing in Gang Bang), i don' think thats a bad thing. When she is talking about her failed relationship with Guy she is not contradicting herself etc, she is going through the process of what that was like on song, she would have blamed him, gotten angry, blamed herself, realised it could never work or that both of them messed up. That's actually one of the things that drew me to this album so much. I love hearing her pissed off at him but also admitting where she made mistakes and on Best Friend saying how she misses him and it's hard.

I still believe and always will that Gaga plays the gay card a lot (she is very silent about the issues when not promoting something or gearing up to promote something). I am not saying she does not do great work (she does) but my god she plays that card well. Oh and PS our Madonna debates started long before i made that comment.

And Namo, i will be spending lots of time in New York at the end of the year, i will get the drinks in lol