pixeltracker

Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)- Page 2

Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)

RUkiddingme
#25Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)
Posted: 5/9/12 at 1:00pm

Read the original post - there are numerous (utterly) snarky comments towards the house staff and blind people.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#26Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)
Posted: 5/9/12 at 5:31pm

One snarky remark about the box office worker. The blind comment was about those making decisions -- and not blind people.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#27Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)
Posted: 5/9/12 at 5:45pm

Thank you everyone, I'll write to the appropriate people. I'll make sure to share it with those who can provide helpful feedback.

Don't worry RU, I'll be in my bestest when I write such letter.

In here, however, I can tell you that the Box Office guy deserves whatever comes his way. Along with person who decided I should only hear the show.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

GoshGeeGolly
#28Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)
Posted: 5/9/12 at 5:59pm

Very sorry to hear this.
Try to get center orchestra seats from now on man.

Updated On: 5/9/12 at 05:59 PM

labwyfan Profile Photo
labwyfan
#29Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)
Posted: 5/9/12 at 6:22pm

So - what did you think of the show?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#30Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)
Posted: 5/9/12 at 7:12pm

"Never buy any far left or far right seat less than 5 rows from the stage."

I sat in the 4th chair in on the second row for FOLLIES last night and didn't miss a thing.

So, never say never.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

jds2001
#31Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)
Posted: 5/9/12 at 10:29pm

I guess that I'm fortunate I live in NYC. If you look at my post at https://offoffbraodway.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1042848&boardname=&page=2&boardid=1#4259441 you'll find my experience in A9. Sorry I don't know how to make the link just clickable text, someone please PM me directions! Tried HTML-style tags, various other ways and no dice! Sad from a person who makes their living in tech.

I was fortunate enough to get a full view seat a few weeks later, and it really is a wonderful show. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. Of course, I got a rush seat, and paid $26.50 for it and it was advertised partial view. And no Hoovers fell during that performance, they were properly stowed :)

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#32Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)
Posted: 8/22/12 at 12:26am

Blaxx, I'm curious what the outcome of this letter is. Tonight, I sat in the very far right seat of row a in the right orchestra. I couldn't see about 70% of the show because of the chair and performers seated in the chair. However, I bought rush tickets, so I feel as though my complaint is less valid.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#33Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)
Posted: 8/22/12 at 4:30am

I got no response from the letter. Nothing.

I'm sure Once is a great show,and I wish I could have had a better experience. It was awful. Not BKLYN-awful, but still.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE