pixeltracker

Riedel: INTO THE WOODS getting closer to Broadway- Page 3

Riedel: INTO THE WOODS getting closer to Broadway

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#50Riedel: INTO THE WOODS getting closer to Broadway
Posted: 5/11/12 at 7:21pm

Let's face it, if it transfers, they'll likely give the house an 'environmental design' like FOLLIES did.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#51Riedel: INTO THE WOODS getting closer to Broadway
Posted: 5/12/12 at 12:57am

A huge part of the appeal of the original London production was the setting--even on video that somehow comes across.

FindingNamo
#52Riedel: INTO THE WOODS getting closer to Broadway
Posted: 5/12/12 at 1:08am

I'm personally trying to not give a sh*t about the business of this business anymore. I have decided to go see shows and see the shows then, in the moment. I want to see what a show IS, and not get all caught up in what a show is going to be NEXT. I'll pay for an experience in the future, show up with my ticket and experience it in the present.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ChildrenwillListen
#53Riedel: INTO THE WOODS getting closer to Broadway
Posted: 5/12/12 at 3:07pm

It better come back to Broadway. I want to see it!

PennybankBill Profile Photo
PennybankBill
#54Riedel: INTO THE WOODS getting closer to Broadway
Posted: 5/12/12 at 3:21pm

Denis O Hare as The Baker might work on a recording, but not on stage with Amy Adams. Kind of like Barbara Cook as Sally with Mandy Patinkin as Buddy. I said this on another thread, I agree with Josh Radnor as The Baker.

FindingNamo
#55Riedel: INTO THE WOODS getting closer to Broadway
Posted: 5/12/12 at 7:28pm

"Denis O Hare as The Baker might work on a recording, but not on stage with Amy Adams. Kind of like Barbara Cook as Sally with Mandy Patinkin as Buddy."

I'm not sure I get the comparison.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Gaveston2
#56Riedel: INTO THE WOODS getting closer to Broadway
Posted: 5/12/12 at 7:45pm

^^^^I think the point is we think of Cook and Patinkin as being from different generations. (And in fact they are 25 years apart in age.)

Personally, I'm not sure a pairing of O'Hare and Adams would bother me. Older men do marry younger women sometimes and they are both terrific! (He is 12 years older than she, BTW.)

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#57Riedel: INTO THE WOODS getting closer to Broadway
Posted: 5/12/12 at 7:58pm

One apt comparison would be the original 1971 TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA, the designs for which was infamously Delacorte friendly and worked niftily in the St. James. And on tour.

If the production truly is about the forest rather than the trees, so to speak, why bother? I'd just as soon see it return as countless others.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling