pixeltracker

End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?

End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?

Citygirl.grace Profile Photo
Citygirl.grace
#1End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 6:30pm

So.. I have to pick between Peter and the Starcatcher or End of the Rainbow. What would you guys say? Can you give me a brief rundown of each show and what to expect?? THANKS!!

rorschach37
#2End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 6:52pm

I haven't seen End of the Rainbow, but I have seen Peter and I must say that it is certainly not to be missed, especially with Christian Borle's fantastic Tony-winning performance. It's definitely one of the best Broadway experiences I've ever had.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 6:54pm

You couldn't pick two more opposite shows. The only thing they have in common: both plays with music.

I'd go with Peter. A delight through and through.

(POSSIBLE SPOILER: Unless you are a huge Judy Garland fan, and only if you can handle the ugly truth about the end of her life.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#3End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 7:21pm

PETER def. It's pretty much perfect Theatre (IMO).

If you wanna see the real Judy run amok rent
I COULD GO ON SINGING, or watch her TV shows.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#4End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 7:29pm

Saw both and actually liked both for very different resons. That said, if I were to choose one, I would choose Peter and the Starcatcher. A pure delight!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#5End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 8:12pm

Positively P & Starcatcher.

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#6End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 8:36pm

Peter. Make sure you go up to the proscenium during intermission

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#7End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 8:48pm

Peter, hands down. It's an incredible play and really shouldn't be missed.

Griffin2
#8End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 9:02pm

Throwing in another vote for Peter. Definitely.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#9End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 9:22pm

I hate to say it, but I don't know if I'd want to see PATSC with Saldivar. Never really got his appeal. But if you're here with Borle, see it!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#10End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/18/12 at 9:41pm

I enjoyed Peter and the Starcatcher more than any other show I saw this season, but I did not see End of the Rainbow. So while I can't say for sure which is better, I'd probably see Peter again instead of Rainbow for the first time, honestly.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#11End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 7:28am

No question: Peter and the Starcatcher.

Bwayman2
#12End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 8:21am

Peter, it is so fun.

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#13End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 11:13am

OK, I'm not the one who asked, but you guys have convinced me. I just bought a ticket for tomorrow's matinee of Peter and can't wait to head into the city to see it. Not sure why I have been putting it off. And yes, I did see and loved End of the Rainbow.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#14End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 11:51am

Peter was one of my favorite productions of the season.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Skip2 Profile Photo
Skip2
#15End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 2:59pm

PETER gave me a headache in a bad way. Too much cutesy, pointless sturm und drang. I've already seen NICK/NICK. Story theatre does very little for me.

RAINBOW gave me a headache in a good way. It's an amazing performance. One you'll never likely see again. Even with all the cons, the pros outweigh it for RAINBOW.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#16End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 3:23pm

I'm sorry...there's a GOOD way for something to cause a headache? (Not begrudging your opinion.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#17End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 3:27pm

...I'm not sure one can say that Peter and the Star Catcher is related to sturm und drang.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#18End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 4:22pm

"Sturm und drang" makes no sense. And Rainbow has more sturm und drang than Starcatcher anyway. Or, if not that, Geschrei.

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#19End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 4:42pm

Tried the internet offer on Playbill for Peter and the Starcatcher, but didn't work, anyone know any other offers?

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#20End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 5:06pm

broadwaybox.com. also, the TKTS booth usually has some good seats in the orchestra for about $65. you can try the lottery first and, if you lose, walk a few blocks to times square and grab a ticket.

ZoeTheGoat Profile Photo
ZoeTheGoat
#21End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 5:36pm

End of the Rainbow!

Smoke bomb!

Devinmd Profile Photo
Devinmd
#22End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/20/12 at 1:08pm

For anyone that might also be contemplating between these two, I wanted to a tidbit about the two. Peter you will really enjoy if you like your comedy on the slapstick-ish end... and Rainbow you will enjoy if you like old music and/or spectacular life trainwrecks. My friend LOVED Peter, but I'm not a slapstick sort of person, so I ended up much preferring Rainbow.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#23End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/20/12 at 1:16pm

Slapstick, I think, is an entirely inaccurate way of describing Peter and the Starcatcher's comedy.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#24End of the Rainbow or Peter and the Starcatcher?
Posted: 6/20/12 at 2:12pm

It's story theatre meets English pantomime, if nothing else.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Videos