pixeltracker

Attending a performance being taped by Lincoln Center Archive?

Attending a performance being taped by Lincoln Center Archive?

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#1Attending a performance being taped by Lincoln Center Archive?
Posted: 7/10/12 at 10:58am

Good morning, all! Thank you in advance for your help, and please forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere. I did a search but was unable to find the answer to my question.

I will be in NYC not this weekend but next, in part, to see "Porgy and Bess." I understand that the Lincoln Center Archive is recording the show on Friday, July 20. So, my question is this: is attending the performance they are recording a special experience, an annoyance, or neither?

Thank you again!

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Attending a performance being taped by Lincoln Center Archive?
Posted: 7/10/12 at 11:02am

Neither. You most probably won't even notice the cameras depending on where you're sitting.

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#2Attending a performance being taped by Lincoln Center Archive?
Posted: 7/10/12 at 11:50am

Thank you! That was my assumption.

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3Attending a performance being taped by Lincoln Center Archive?
Posted: 7/10/12 at 12:27pm

Unlike professional filmings of shows (like COMPANY, FOSSE, SOUTH PACIFIC, CONTACT, etc.) which use camera cranes that obstruct quite a bit, the Lincoln Center only uses about 3 cameras placed in areas NOT in the way of the audience's sightlines. They are placed on the outside aisle of the orchetra right and left sections and at the back of the house.

broadwayjim42
#4Attending a performance being taped by Lincoln Center Archive?
Posted: 7/10/12 at 1:08pm

Other than the cameras, which you get to a point of ignoring anyway, no difference.

I attended the "Xanadu" taping and since I was in onstage seating, I'm sorta in it. Not that it's necessarily complimentary, but beyond the show, it does document my meeting someone who has become one of my best friends (the guy sitting next to me whose pocket square is used to hilarious effect by Jackie Hoffman.)

Updated On: 7/10/12 at 01:08 PM