Once Rush Ticket Options

cgentry
#1Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/12/12 at 1:19pm

I plan on rushing this coming Wednesday for Once. Has anyone tried/had any luck asking the box office which show (matinee or evening) they have better rush options for?

Also, where have people been sat recently that have rushed? I did it a few months back and landed box seats that essentially cut off half of the stage. Even for $35, I felt kind of underwhelmed.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#2Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/12/12 at 1:24pm

I'm not sure at all what this question means. It is ALWAYS 20 tickets per show. 4 in the orchestra and the 16 seats in the boxes. This never changes.

cgentry
#2Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/12/12 at 1:28pm

Gotcha- I was under the assumption from some earlier posts that there were not set seats for rush. I knew 20 tickets were sold, and I assumed the boxes were always included, but I thought that some people had been placed in different seats around the theatre.

Are the orchestra seats always the same ones with severely obstructed view?

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#3Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/12/12 at 1:35pm

This was before the Tonys, but when I rushed a while ago, I was first in line. I asked the box office person not to put me in the boxes, and I received the last row of the Orchestra all the way on the right (which was a perfectly fine, full-view seat). The people with me got two rows ahead of me, all the way on the right. Again, this was a while ago, though, so they may have changed the orchestra locations.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#4Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/12/12 at 1:35pm

It's the luck of the draw. The 2 times I got seats in the orchestra it was the 2 seats in the last 2 rows on the right on the aisle and the view was perfect. I know that they have sold some of the obstructed seats. It changes every show.

saisai
#5Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/12/12 at 2:32pm

I've rushed twice and always got the box seats. I'd imagine the Orchestra, even in the last row would have a better view of the stage. Is it possible to request these? Or is it the luck of the draw. I'd like to try again for rush if it was possible to request the seats in the orchestra. Thanks!

Becky
#6Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/12/12 at 3:09pm

Rushed within the last two weeks - was first - and was in the second row (to the right).

cgentry
#7Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/13/12 at 12:44am

Was the view obstructed, Becky?

Becky
#8Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/13/12 at 1:13am

Yes, a little, but it wasn't bad. I had the better of the two seats, and I could tell even just a seat over was a huge difference for my friend (although she'd seen it before and I hadn't, so I sat in the better one). I stayed there through Act 1, and the leads were never out of view. A pretty good portion of the back right side of the stage was blocked, but not much ever seemed to go on back there - as I said I never lost sight of the leads and most of the ensemble. However, the two seats to my left were open, and I moved over for Act 2. My friend told me she was glad I did, for I would have missed one moment she didn't want me to miss in Act 2....without giving anything away if you haven't seen it. But had I stayed in my rush seat, I don't think I would have missed much.

For the price, and the fact I could always see most of the action? I was extremely pleased.

**Edited to note that my friend didn't care for her seat (one more to the right of mine). But I think she really wanted a full view - I was happy seeing most of the view Once Rush Ticket Options

Updated On: 8/13/12 at 01:13 AM

MKunkel Profile Photo
MKunkel
#9Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/14/12 at 2:53pm

Bump.

I'm thinking of rushing Thursday. Anyone have a good idea of what time I should get to the box office?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#10Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/14/12 at 2:55pm

The first time I saw Once was a couple of weeks ago and it was a Saturday matinee. I got in line at 6 a.m., got a box seat, and WOW... they weren't kidding when they said "partial view." I saw enough to know that I wanted to go again, but only once it popped up on TKTS.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

saisai
#11Once Rush Ticket Options
Posted: 8/14/12 at 4:15pm

I agree with LizzieCurry. I saw Once from the box seats from both sides and you can't see one side of the stage. I would not mind seeing it again from SRO for $27. At least you get a full view of the stage.

Having said that, has anyone had experience getting SRO tickets? When is a good time to line up? If you show up too early (they haven't sold all the rush tickets) can you stand on the side until they do? Thanks!

Videos