pixeltracker

Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green- Page 5

Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#100Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 5/11/14 at 10:54am

Fat Monica--and, specifically, Fat Monica dancing--is one of my favorite things ever.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#101Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 5/11/14 at 11:08am

Updated On: 5/11/14 at 11:08 AM

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
candydog2
#103Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 5/11/14 at 12:21pm

Oh I agree with you all, the show was very much a product of the 90s. I think the only thing that gets me is that the show is still so popular today when the issues we've pointed out makes it, for me anyway, a little hard to watch.

The depiction of any male character doing anything even mildly feminine as being tantamount to social suicide makes me cringe the most though.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#104Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 5/11/14 at 1:36pm

And I LOVE LUCY was a product of the 50's. She was constantly fearing that Ricky would hit her. It doesn't mean we need to be uncomfortable watching it. We recognize that it (and FRIENDS and pretty much every other TV show ever made) was a product of it's time and enjoy it for what it is, "flaws" and all.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#105Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 5/11/14 at 2:19pm

As much as I loved Friends, there were a few story lines that drove me crazy. The monkey, the Joey-Rachel romance, and Monica & Chandler's 'secret' romance (though the episode in which it was resolved is priceless).

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Musicaldudepeter
#106Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 5/11/14 at 2:35pm

The Rachel-Joey thing was the worst and cringiest storyline in the history of TV

Chandler and the Sharks was possibly the worst episode of the whole series

candydog2
#107Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 5/11/14 at 3:26pm

"And I LOVE LUCY was a product of the 50's. She was constantly fearing that Ricky would hit her. It doesn't mean we need to be uncomfortable watching it."

I see that as being a little different though. When audiences today watch I Love Lucy, they know that scenes like that are completely outdated and wrong, because it's so obvious.

With friends, the issues discussed earlier in the thread are a lot more subtle, to the point that many people still think that they're acceptable today.

When people laugh at Lucy being afraid of Ricky, they're laughing for a slightly different reason or with a different mindset than audiences did in the 50's. When people laugh at the gay/lesbian portrayals on Friends, they're laughing for the SAME reason they did fifteen years ago.

It's not a major issue. "Friends" isn't the most racist or most homophobic show by any means. It was a good show and I understand why people like it. The issues that were pointed out were merely the few things that turned me off from watching it personally.

beautywickedlover
Jon
#109Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 8/27/14 at 8:31pm

I liked the Monica/Chandler secret romance. Poor Joey having to keep their secret over several episodes was one of the best plot lines Matt LeBlanc ever had. Plus the episode when Phooebe tried to seduce Chandler to get him to reveal his relationship with Monica. "I'm very bendy."

I HATED the Ross/Emma marriage plot line. I was amazed that Ross & Rachel named their daughter Emily - it sounds a little too close to Emma for me.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#110Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 8/27/14 at 10:02pm

^ I think you have the names reversed. Emily was who Ross married and Emma was his daughter with Rachel.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Jon
#111Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 8/27/14 at 11:17pm

OOPS - I guess that proves my point!

beautywickedlover
Phyllis Rogers Stone
#113Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 8/28/14 at 11:10pm

I loved it and found it strange and uncomfortable all at once. And not just because of Monica's face. Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#114Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 8/29/14 at 12:19am

It's so sad what she did to her face Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#115Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 8/29/14 at 9:05am

I HATED the Ross/Emily marriage plot line. I was amazed that Ross & Rachel named their daughter Emma - it sounds a little too close to Emily for me.

FTFY, but I COMPLETELY agree. I said that over and over and thought I was the only one who thought it odd.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

beautywickedlover
#116Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 9/22/14 at 6:20pm

The show turned 20 years old today. Here are some season one cast photos.

Friends Turns 20: Celebrate with These Amazingly Awkward Season 1 Cast Photos

beautywickedlover
#117Come back to the Central Perk, Rachel Green, Rachel Green
Posted: 10/15/14 at 2:00pm

Netflix will "be there for us". All of the episodes will be available on January 1, 2015.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/15/friends-netflix/