pixeltracker

Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London

Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London

Rainbowhigh23
#1Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/8/12 at 5:19pm

So who exactly gets naked in this production? I'm trying to book tickets and I get a pop up that says there's nudity and to be careful sitting too close to the stage.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#2Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/8/12 at 5:23pm

I believe there's a scene where one of the sailors who comes out of Fraulein Kost's room is at least partially nude...

Rainbowhigh23
#2Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/8/12 at 5:24pm

I was hoping it was Sally Bowles but Michelle Ryan seems to be prudish about nudity.

jman16
#3Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/9/12 at 4:51pm

Partially? No, he's fully nude.

I seem to remember some topless girls wondering around backstage at the Kit Kat Klub at one point.

Also the finale features some rather poignant, and tasteful nudes!

Rainbowhigh23
#4Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/9/12 at 5:12pm

^ Wow. The show might be worth seeing twice!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/9/12 at 6:14pm

WTF! How come there were no nude sailors in the Broadway revival? Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#6Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/10/12 at 2:50pm

I saw the 2006 revival of Cabaret in London at the Lyric (I didn't care for much; not half as good as the Sam Mendes revival I had seen previously on Broadway). I recall a naked man who swung his torso back and forth so that his d*ck went "whack-whack-whack" and then ran off stage. Some in the audience laughed. I thought it sounded painful. Perhaps the British find that sort of thing amusing. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the sort of nudity in this new revival.

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)
Updated On: 11/10/12 at 02:50 PM

Proper Villain Profile Photo
Proper Villain
#7Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/10/12 at 3:09pm

More importantly, what is it about the nudity should make you think twice about sitting closer to the stage?

Please buy the tickets and report back. With pictures.

"Are we being attacked or entertained?" - MST3K My theatre poster/logo portfolio: http://www.listenterprises.com/

Rainbowhigh23
#8Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/10/12 at 7:35pm

I want to be close to Michelle Ryan the way Jordan is close to Jake and Carlos is close to Ricky. I do plan to sit very close and am looking forward to the nudity. Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London Full report upon my return.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#9Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/10/12 at 7:39pm

Why is there another revival already?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
Posted: 11/10/12 at 8:41pm

^I think it a "return engagement" of the same production. Same design and creative team anyway.

Rainbowhigh23

Videos