pixeltracker

Annie revival cast album not happening?- Page 2

Annie revival cast album not happening?

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#25Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 1/7/13 at 8:01pm

An Evening With Marcel Marceau was recorded live, too. And I might add, captured that riveting performance like no other live recording before or since.

PEACE.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#26Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 1/7/13 at 8:07pm

What the hell kind of name is Nancye?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#27Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 1/7/13 at 9:09pm

Carousel,

Movin' Out was indeed recorded live. In fact, you can hear the applause from the audience right before the opening "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" as well as a cheer during the intro do River Of Dreams. However, I am sure that they edited the applause between numbers because I remember them happening when I saw the show but didn't hear them on the cast album.

Also, Frontrowcenter, you're incorrect about one thing. They are able to make edits to live recordings. Take a look at the London cast recording of Legally Blonde for example, or the recent Les Miserables Live album. Both edited out things that were part of the stage show but wouldn't work on an album.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

twinbelters Profile Photo
twinbelters
#28Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 1/7/13 at 9:55pm

I love the live Moby Dick and Spamalot from England, but am glad this isn't standard practice. I didn't know that the Annie Anni. recording has songs from Annie 2. Intrigue.

With Irma you gotta do something!

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#29Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 1/7/13 at 11:59pm

Also, Frontrowcenter, you're incorrect about one thing. They are able to make edits to live recordings. Take a look at the London cast recording of Legally Blonde for example, or the recent Les Miserables Live album. Both edited out things that were part of the stage show but wouldn't work on an album.

Sorry..I should have made that comment more clear: It is very hard to get a smooth edit from different live recordings because of differing audience noise levels. Of course anything can be edited, the trick is to make it soudn like it was one complete performance. Live albums are bad for obvious edits.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

mb87
#30Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 1/25/13 at 7:46pm

update:

"Hello,

The Annie program book is still in development. We anticipate that it will be available on our merchandise website (http://www.anniethemusicalshop.com/) for ordering in the next two weeks with an estimated shipping date of 2/14/13.

There have been recent discussions about producing a new Annie cast recording but unfortunately we do not have any official release information at this time. Periodically check back on the media section of our merchandise website for updated information.

Please let us know if you have any other immediate questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Creative Goods"

beautywickedlover
#31Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 3/5/13 at 2:55pm

I'm glad to know that it actually is happening.

ANNIE Revival Cast Album in the Works!

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#32Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 3/5/13 at 3:19pm

I'm so glad that they will be recording the revival :)

rorschach37
#33Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 3/5/13 at 3:41pm

I was hoping they'd wait until Jane Lynch joined Annie revival cast album not happening?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#34Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 3/5/13 at 3:48pm

I'm sorry, I'm still stuck on "Nancye."

mb87
#35Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 3/5/13 at 4:10pm

beyond ecstatic to hear this recording! I cannot wait to have Lilla and Anthony's renditions.

beautywickedlover
#36Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 3/5/13 at 4:11pm

"I was hoping they'd wait until Jane Lynch joined"

Lynch is great, but Finneran is this revival's original Miss Hannigan.

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#37Annie revival cast album not happening?
Posted: 3/5/13 at 4:36pm

'wicked'--check the bio for Nancye Hayes-an Australian music theatre legend-from chorus girl to Sweet Charity/Chicago etc etc,Grey Gardens,directed a Production Company Annie now recently Miss Hannigan[not her best performance].Jill Perryman[Funny Girl],Nancye Hayes,Julie Anthony-3 great Australian ladies of musical theatre.