Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?

broadwaycam
#1Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 2/27/13 at 8:19pm

Does anybody know the rush ticket policy for Lucky Guy?

Vagabond Anarchist Profile Photo
Vagabond Anarchist
#2Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 3/9/13 at 1:15pm

Has anyone tried the rush during the week? Wondering how early people are lining up. Thanks!

Vagabond Anarchist Profile Photo
Vagabond Anarchist
#2Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 3/9/13 at 1:15pm

Has anyone tried the rush during the week? Wondering how early people are lining up. Thanks!

neonlightsxo
#3Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 4/5/13 at 11:58am

Has anybody tried for the SRO tickets for this? I saw on the Playbill list that they release them 90 minutes prior, but was wondering if I should get there earlier.

broadfan327
#4Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 4/5/13 at 12:32pm

I got a SRO ticket the first week of previews. On a Saturday night, I got there at 3:30 PM and was easily the first person in line. I think by 4:30 the second person came. I would try lining up an hour to and hour and a half before they sell the tickets. I don't know though how the line has been lately.

tking001
#5Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 4/5/13 at 4:59pm

How much is SRO?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#6Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 4/5/13 at 5:03pm

Standing room is $27. I'm on line now. It's five pm, and there are five of us on line for an 8 pm show. Each person can buy two.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#7Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 4/6/13 at 10:39am

If you're hesitating about seeing Lucky Guy, don't! It was really funny and moving. I highly recommend it!

If you're doing SRO for an 8 p.m. curtain, I would recommend getting there by five or 5:30 at the latest. Tickets are sold at 6:30, and the price is $27 plus a $2 fee. The box office person told me that 30 SRO tickets would be sold for that performance.

The wall that you'll stand behind is surprisingly high. My friend, who is petite (about five-one), had trouble seeing over it! Plus, there are a few pillars, but you won't be positioned directly behind any of them, I don't think. Assuming you're tall enough, though, the view is fine from the back of the orchestra, and I could see the stage clearly and all the projections. Don't miss it!

Updated On: 4/6/13 at 10:39 AM

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#9Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 6/5/13 at 6:02pm

Last two rows of the mezzanine.

Standing room is really good as well (and surprisingly easy) as I got there a little after 6 on a Wednesday evening and got standing room tickets.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

tking001
#10Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 6/5/13 at 8:14pm

Cash only or are you allowed to use a card for lucky guy?

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#11Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 6/6/13 at 11:01am

I rushed Lucky Guy yesterday (Wednesday, so a two-show day) and got in line a little before 9:30. The line was not very long at that point, and I was definitely confident that I would get tickets. By 10:00, the line was extremely long, so I was glad to have arrived early. I got two tickets in the second-to-last row of the mezzanine, and the view was absolutely fine.

The annoying part of the experience doing rush is that there is only one line for student rush and all other box office inquiries (hence why the line at 10:00 was so long, but they my row was completely empty). It caused a bit of confusion with the people I was standing with, as some were in line for rush and others were not, and it definitely slowed down the buying process when the box office opened, as some people were checking best available tickets for multiple dates and trying to pick their perfect location. I was maybe 10th in the line and didn't get my tickets until 10:20.

Also experienced some line-cutting that made me quite irritated. One of the women in front of me, who was there alone when I arrived at 9:30, had added four other members to her party by the time the box office opened, and they proceeded to buy 5 rush tickets. I understand saving a spot for one other person if they cannot arrive on time, especially when you can get two tickets per student ID, but this was downright rude and presumptuous to think it acceptable to have one person stand in line and ultimately reserve a total of 5 tickets. I haven't experienced that before, thankfully, and I hope not to again, especially if it causes me to not be able to buy a seat. (Apologies for the rant - this seemed like the most appropriate place to write it!)

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#12Lucky Guy Rush Tickets?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 9:26pm

Any thoughts about if I'll be okay if I arrive around 9:00 tomorrow?

Videos