News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadfan327

Member Name: broadfan327
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Days of Wine and Roses to Close Early  Mar 7 2024, 12:16:21 PM

It is a musical, but don't go in expecting Jerry Herman like power ballads.

Why do so many shows conform to the typical Tue-Sun performance schedule?  Mar 6 2024, 11:29:53 PM

Last Sunday night around 7 I could barely walk through Times Square due to the amount of people.  I would agree though that Monday has to be the deadest night for going out in general. When I lived in Manhattan, I noticed the restaurants/bars emptier Monday nights.  People are just coming back to the office for the week, and are probably more busy that day than later in the week to be worried about going out.  Also, hybrid working people sometimes only come in to the

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'  Mar 4 2024, 05:29:16 PM

I got a ticket from TKTS, and I (and the group beside me also got tickets from TKTS) sat in the back of the orchestra side on Sunday.  The view was fine, there isn't terribly much to look at in terms of scenery.

Two People Assigned the Same Seat  Mar 2 2024, 10:10:29 PM

I saw this at a Broadway show once, they just seated the person at another seat I think.  I once went to a Yankees playoff game on the wrong day, they scanned my ticket and it let me in somehow.  The person said I was in his seat, and he was right, I was able to move to another seat without incident.

Bridge & Tunnel Crowd Can No Longer Be Counted On?  Jan 3 2024, 10:41:04 PM

I joined the bridge & tunnel crowd this year after living in Manhattan for seven years, and even though I still work in Manhattan a couple of days a week, I am not seeing as many shows as I used to, mainly because I think the quality overall of shows is way down.  If I read a new show has bad reviews from here and professional critics and see low grosses, I won't bother when previously I would try and see almost everything I could.

Here We Are  Dec 17 2023, 08:36:19 PM

RippedMan said: "I finally saw this today as last minute rush ticket. $40 dead center. Very happy.

Loved the first act. Weird. Absurd. Loved the music and the book.

Act 2 was insufferable. I wasn’t bored just not engaged.

I don’t see any reason why this would ever go to Broadway. To me it was fun but it just didn’t say anything
"

I think it says something, it just doesn't hit you over the hea

Next week advice  Dec 15 2023, 12:28:14 AM

There are no facilities at theaters as far as I know where you can leave your luggage (I think the coat room is only for coats).  An 8:00 PM flight would have been a stretch, I would not try a 7:15 PM flight after attending a matinee.  Everyone and their mother will be leaving town at that time.  The trains and the roads will be packed, nevermind the airport itself...

Here We Are 1 ticket Sat Nov 18 @ 1:00  Nov 20 2023, 11:39:38 PM

dramamama611 said: "Ted Talk: The back of the stage is upstage. Towards the audience is downstage."

I thought I had it backwards after I posted.  I don't get all the love for the set though...I did like the Act 2 set.

Here We Are 1 ticket Sat Nov 18 @ 1:00  Nov 17 2023, 07:36:46 PM

I got a rush ticket last week at around 9:00 AM on the TodayTix app.  I got row FF seat 108 I think, on the left side.  I couldn't see the entire back of the stage, but most of the action is up stage and viewable.  I was probably closer to the actors than most of the seats in the theater.  I don't think I missed much though, I missed one moment for sure (don't want to spoil anything).  I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.  The cast is having

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Previews  Sep 16 2023, 11:34:14 PM

I saw it tonight, I thought it was awful.  The conceit of the show got old very quickly for me.  The stars did the best they could, but the material was packing for me.

London Recommendations  Aug 16 2023, 06:47:28 PM

I just saw Guys and Dolls, and I thought it was extraordinary.  I had a standing ticket.  I had never seen a professional production before (only summerstock/school productions) so can't compare it to Broadway revivals.

Charlie Stemp CRAZY FOR YOU West End - P/reviews & Discussion Thread  Aug 14 2023, 06:17:36 PM

I saw this tonight, my first show ever in the West End.  Ot is a great show, but I can't imagine this would have great success on Broadway.  They would need a star in the title role to have a chance.  It is probably too dated of a show.  I got a fourth row center stalls seat for very cheap at the TKTS booth.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23  Jul 5 2023, 11:34:07 PM

RippedMan said: "Why is everyone clutching their pearls over KA? It’s making money. It’s the smallest theater. It’s not gonna be making money on the scale of Back to the Future. It’s doing great business! Happy to see it making some $$."

They essentially stayed open to win the award, and best winners of Best Musical have had their fortunes go up a lot as a result of the win, which does not seem to be happening.  There is a lot of posts on

Best book writer for bio-musicals  Jun 25 2023, 03:54:44 AM

Jersey Boys and Beautiful are the gold standard for me too.  MJ reminded me too much of a documentary I saw about one of his tours. 

The Official TDF Thread  Jun 24 2023, 03:20:32 PM

It doesn't matter.  The seats are determined the day of.  We think a list of names is sent to the box office in alphabetical order, which has more to do woth what seat you get.  Of course, TDF is not offered unlimited seats, so they do sell out and get removed from the site.

Anyone seeing a first performance post-Tony win tonight?  Jun 14 2023, 12:24:10 AM

I was at Parade tonight, there was sustained applause for the company at the start of the show, and I imagine more enthusiastic applause for the leads during the show.  It still was on TKTS for 50% off. 

Walking Out at Intermission - The Thread  May 26 2023, 02:33:08 PM

I don't walk out of shows.  I was at New York, New York a couple of weeks ago, and I saw people leaving during act two.  If you thought the show is bad, why would you hang around for the intermission, see another scene or two and then leave?  Generally, aside from an eleven o'clock number, creators put their best stuff into the first act of a show.  I have seen few shows where act two was better than act one.

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway  Apr 9 2023, 03:07:11 AM

I was there Saturday night as well.  My seat in the left orchestra was partially obstructed, I could not see the projections.  I agree with the Lancelot understudy underperforming the role.  This is probably the first Vivian Beaumont Theater production that did not utilize the space well based on LCT's previous efforts in the space where you see your money on the stage.  I wanted to like it more than I did.  Arthur has a shouting scene near the end, some of the au

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Mar 24 2023, 12:26:44 AM

It is one thing if you don't like a show, but I thought Jesse ending his review by seemingly criticizing Andrew's financial success on Broadway is in poor taste.

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?  Mar 6 2023, 11:48:50 PM

I stood the whole time downtown and don't remember being tired of standing.  I was enjoying the show too much.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You