pixeltracker

Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday- Page 2

Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#25Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/15/13 at 3:59pm

Good point regarding the nudity -- a real FREEASSco!

Rainbowhigh23
#26Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/15/13 at 4:04pm

If there's a Tony for nudity in a play, it will definitely go to Orisini in the Nance.

ArtMan
#27Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/15/13 at 4:27pm

How do refunds work for a closing show? Will Telecharge automatically credit my card or do I have to pursue the credit?

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#28Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/15/13 at 4:30pm

i called earlier and they said they had not gotten official word yet, so nothing will be refunded despite the news accounts until they hear from the production

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

ArtMan
#29Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/15/13 at 4:46pm

Thanks, Sue. So far, two of my planned shows have closed.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#30Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/15/13 at 4:56pm

Art, i will check with you before i order my next tix! :)

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

ArtMan
#31Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/15/13 at 5:53pm

Sue, I received an email from Telecharge. Contacted them and they already credited my card.

posull782
#32Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/15/13 at 8:10pm

Despite the reviews this was on my list of shows to see for our trip to New York from April 25th to May 5th... shame it closed a week too early for us to see but when i went to see what tickets were available with the discounts available it didn't bode well that at least 80% of the theatre was avaialable to book just over a week out from the performance.

This and HARDBODY were on my list... will now look to replace with another show. Wasn't keen on PIPPIn but may add now (have seen productions before and wasn't wowed).

Also whats THE ASSEMBLED PARTIES like?

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#33Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/15/13 at 8:13pm

This production of PIPPIN will wow you. It's a shame you're missing HARDBODY though.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#34Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 9:43am

cool ART!

my sis actually got ours exchanged for some this weekend

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#35Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 10:06am

Suestorm, why are you upset? You can get your money back. Think of all those poor people who actually entered the theatre and witnessed this thing who can't get their money back.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#36Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 10:11am

If anything why wouldn't you just get a refund on those and then get rush tickets instead? Clearly this isn't a big seller.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#37Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 10:21am

Pat, Clyde, i know it didnt get great reviews, but i dont care, i often like things that arent reviewed so great. I love the Novella and wanted to see it brought to life. We also wanted to make sure we got great seats rather then save a few dollars

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#38Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:01am

This play was no more "faithful" to the novella than the film was - yes, it had a lot in common, and large chunks of narration and dialogue lifted directly. But the character of the narrator ("Fred") bore little resemblance to the character in the story.

The show's biggest crime, however, was being flat, grey, and dull. I didn't think it really was the actors' fault (although Cory Michael Smith was working awfully hard to be "cute"), but rather the writing and directing, which just felt lazy.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#39Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:07am

you might be right Newintown, but i hope not! i guess i will soon find out. in any event, seeing a so-so show is a better way to spend a night then most things!

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#40Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:11am

If they asked me, I could write a book about the countless things that are more enjoyable than seeing a so-so show on Broadway.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#41Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:15am

Im sure you can but im not a whore like you! (just kidding) i hear you, i just love the whole experience

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#42Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:16am

Who told that I'm a whore? It isn't in my profile...

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#43Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:29am

your reputation has preceeded you Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#44Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:48am

"I love the Novella and wanted to see it brought to life."
Makes sense. Wouldn't we all? But what does bringing the novella to life have to do with this production?

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#45Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:54am

Pat, its like when i read the hunger games, i wanted to see it brought to the big screen. same deal! i guess youre saying this production doesnt do this, but i guess ill see

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#46Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:57am

Hunger games, I get. But this production only brings Breakfast at Tiffany's to death, not to life!

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#47Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 1:11pm

^^ ha, thats funny!

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#48Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 1:47pm

The theatre is dark and full of terrors.

ArtMan
#49Breakfast At Tiffanys Is Closing THIS Sunday
Posted: 4/16/13 at 7:06pm

Sue. I'm with you. I don't care if it got lousy reviews. It was something I wanted to see. Unfortunately, I don't live in NYC, so I couldn't exchange for this week. The price for tickets, was less than fifty dollars (with fees). I'm sure I would have found something positive in the show to enjoy. There hasn't been a musical or play yet, that there wasn't some redeeming factor in it for me. So now I'm missing this and Hands.