pixeltracker

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.- Page 22

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#525MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 4:29pm

Thank you for doing that.

Sometimes it is the small things that makes a huge difference.

FindingNamo
#526MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 4:54pm

The Copley Square area is not far from one of our girl's favorite dog parks and we often stroll over on warm days. The difference was we put on the vest that says "I'm friendly! Ask to pet me!".

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#527MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 4:57pm

The difference was we put on the vest that says "I'm friendly! Ask to pet me!".

Both of you? i always figured you for a biter. LOL

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

FindingNamo
JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#529MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 4:58pm

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#530MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 5:02pm

I love that you did that Namo. Thanks for sharing that story.

ghostlight2
#531MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 5:04pm

Therapy dogs are very cool. I've trained a few, but my lifestyle doesn't really allow me to keep a pet for long. I'm away from home too much. It's great that you do that, Namo. It really is amazing the difference animals can make.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#532MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 5:07pm

I wish I had a pet as well but my busy work/social schedule really prevents me from owning one and giving a pet the love, attention and care it needs. I would hate for it to feel abandoned so I decided not to own one.

FindingNamo
#533MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 6:02pm

We should never feel bad for knowing what our lives can accommodate or not. My bf is able to be with the dog almost all the time. His colleagues are around when he's busy. She's probably been absolutely alone for fewer than 72 hours of the four years of her life. Consequently she is very bonded with him and empathetic to human emotion. We know we're imagining it, but she seems more focussed when the vest goes on.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#534MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 7:24pm

I don't think you are imagining it. Dogs do have a sense of when they have a job to do.
Also, the vest is a sign of importance to the dog. My Dash when he gets his space suit on for children's halloween parties has a completely different body language. He will stride into a room full of Kids and vogue!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

JbaraFan1
#535MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 7:28pm

Namo, ditto what everybody's saying about what a terrific thing that was to do. I don't know, I think it could very well be that she has learned that she is doing something special for people when the vest is on her. She knows she's on duty!

ghostlight2
#536MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/29/13 at 7:31pm

I don't think you're imagining it, either. Service dogs know when they're "on" or when something's different. Dogs almost always behave differently around Down's syndrome children or those who are autistic. They seem to sense that they need extra care.

eta: Carlos, you might consider taking on training a service dog, if you can bend your schedule enough to give them enough attention for 3 months. You condition a pup to certain stimuli and basic training. After that, you turn the dog over to a more experienced person for more formal training. Some dogs make the cut, some don't. Sometimes a dog who isn't cut out to be a service dog can be a therapy dog. It's very rewarding, you get the benefit of having an animal for awhile without having to care for it the rest of its life, and you're doing a mitzvah. It's win/win.

Updated On: 4/29/13 at 07:31 PM

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#537MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/30/13 at 9:16am

my sister is involved in rescuing greyhounds. they are the sweetest, gentlest beings you would ever meet and are great with kids. they look at you with those big brown eyes, you can see the pain and abuse they have suffered. its heartbreaking

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

ghostlight2
#538MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/30/13 at 9:43am

Interesting article. I'm inclined to agree with it. The lockdown may not officially have been mandatory, but public transportation was shut down, and people were questioned for being out of their homes.
In Boston, Was Lockdown the Wrong Approach?

mar6411
#539MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/30/13 at 11:13am

It's so much easier to be rational and logical after the fact.

ghostlight2
#540MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/30/13 at 1:12pm

Three days after the bombing, yes, I would have thought some plan would have been in place that didn't involve widespread hysteria and a city in lockdown. This is not the first time a bomb has gone off somewhere, but it is the first time a city has been put into lockdown like this (to my knowledge). It sets a terrible precedent.

I hate the TSA security theater. I hate that the riders in the 5 boro bike tour will not be allowed to carry bags of any kind. Our freedoms are being taken away, bit by bit, and we are, for the most part, allowing it to happen, as if somehow, that makes us safer. It doesn't. It just makes us less free.

Never mind that all of that didn't catch the guy. An everyday citizen who decided to venture out of his house found him, then hundreds of militarized police showed up and fired hundreds, possibly thousands of rounds at an unarmed man, who didn't fire a single shot - couldn't have. Even if they did not know he was unarmed, that was severe overkill.

FindingNamo
#541MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/30/13 at 1:48pm

As it was happening it didn't feel that much different than the time all travel was forbidden during the perfect storm blizzard this winter. I noticed no hysteria during either event, no paralysis. I noticed people getting out of the way to assist the removal of a problem.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#542MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/30/13 at 1:55pm

Updated On: 4/30/13 at 01:55 PM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#543MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/30/13 at 1:56pm

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

FindingNamo
suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#546MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/30/13 at 2:12pm

deflect when you cant debate. #cantfacethetruth

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#548MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/30/13 at 2:18pm

#diversityrules

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#549MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/30/13 at 2:18pm