Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:56am

Congrats!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#126Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/28/13 at 12:43pm

Sorry Wynbush, but it was all over this board so I thought it was safe.
And we hear now he's gonna be a ghost for the rest of the season, so we'll till seee that cute face.

Updated On: 4/28/13 at 12:43 PM

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#127Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/28/13 at 1:02pm

He was one of the better characters/actors. I just need to watch him walk down the street singing Billy Joel on repeat.

He would make a good Jack. He has an ageless face.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#128Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:15pm

I wonder what are the genuine chances of Witherspoon's casting. I also wouldn't be surprised if Disney executives would be hesitant to announce her casting in this with her current DUI scandal. I wouldn't put anything past executives.
Kate Winslet would be perfection but I also don't know what the chances are of her making a big film like this, she hasn't shown a lot of interest in being involved with huge studio movies post-TITANIC. Maybe Marshall, Streep and Depp will get her on board, if anyone could, it's them.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#129Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:18pm

Rob Marshall should get Penny Marshall to play Jack's mother.

Updated On: 4/28/13 at 04:18 PM

HouGuy77002
#130Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:29pm

I guess my only real issue with Johnny Depp as The Baker would be who would be cast as Cinderella's Prince that could be sexier and more of a temptation than Johnny Depp. Would The Wife be tempted by someone less sexy than Johnny Depp? Also Johnny Depp is approaching 50...and though he reads younger...I've always thought of the Baker and his wife as more 30 somethings.

beautywickedlover
#131Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:14pm

"Kate Winslet would be perfection but I also don't know what the chances are of her making a big film like this, she hasn't shown a lot of interest in being involved with huge studio movies post-TITANIC. Maybe Marshall, Streep and Depp will get her on board, if anyone could, it's them."

Apparently Winslet was one of the many women who were considered for the role of Fantine in 'Les Miserables'. If this is true, then maybe sh would like to do movie musicals.

"I think, looking at the film now, there's no possible way I ever could have topped that performance," she admitted. (Jessica Biel, Amy Adams, Marion Cotillard, KATE WINSLET and Rebecca Hall were also considered for the role.) "It was perfect and I think fateful and meant to be."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/scarlett-johansson-bombed-audition-anne-hathaways-les-miserables-191500322-us-weekly.html

Updated On: 4/28/13 at 05:14 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#132Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:32pm

For some reason I don't see Kate Winslet auditioning for anything at this point in her career, just because she was considered doesn't mean she auditioned, "considered" is a very vague word. But who knows? Maybe she really wanted the role and auditioned for it. I feel like LES MIS is very different though, a lot more conventionally serious than a Disney-produced, potentially CGI-heavy movie.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#133Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:25pm

Jordon, you should be the casting director instead of whoever it is who's getting Johnny Depp as the baker.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#134Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:26pm

I SHOULD BE. I've been saying that for a long time now!!!!

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#135Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:38pm

I thought Johnny was alright in Sweeney Todd, but his voice felt strained to me and his deep throat acting was also a little bit weird, but hey, it was directed by Tim Burton. That's why I think that Johnny is all sorts of wrong for this role. It should've gone to someone else.

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#136Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie
Posted: 4/29/13 at 7:21am

If Meryl Streep HAS to be in the movie, I wish she was Jack's mother. I just don't see how she's going to pull off the Witch. She was pretty much in awful voice in MAMMA MIA.

If Johnny Depp HAS to be in the movie, I wish he was the wolf. His talk-singing schtick from SWEENEY TODD is not going to work for The Baker.