pixeltracker

Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in - Page 4

Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in

broadway guy
#75Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:57pm

She definitely did. She was pretty and had Blonde Hair and was always really nice to me. Her boyfriend was hot.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#76Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:58pm

God, you get more disturbing with every post.

Liza's Headband
#77Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:00pm

Why is "Blonde Hair" capitalized?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#78Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:01pm

That made me really bust a LOL

broadway guy
#79Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:03pm

Hey you guys are the ones that asked. You can't honestly tell me that you didn't play with action figures while you were growing up

"Why is "Blonde Hair" capitalized"

No reason.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#80Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:12pm

Interesting, since "No reason" defines most of this thread

broadway guy
#81Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:14pm

Then why comment on it?

Liza's Headband
#82Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:15pm

So you're agreeing with Wynbish, then? Nice job!

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#83Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:15pm

It's actually quite an entertaining thread.

Liza's Headband
#84Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:17pm

Because of Jordan. That's the only reason why.

Also, there is no mention of Lea Michele. That's a nice change for once.

broadway guy
#85Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:21pm

Thanks all that jazz. I have no idea why Liza's headband is even on this thread. She hasn't contributed anything to the topic at hand. Jordan had nothing to do with this thread and neither does Lea Michelle so idk why this troll likes to start stuff. Headband also tried to start something with me in the Gypsy thread earlier today. Clearly she is obsessed with me.

Liza's headband really is just a follower and will go along with what anyone else will say. Its like Jordan paid her to be his secretary or something.

Updated On: 6/18/13 at 06:21 PM

Liza's Headband
#86Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:22pm

Yeah. You're probably right. Ethel 4ever.

broadway guy
#87Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:24pm

"Yeah. You're probably right"

Clearly.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#88Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:26pm

Lauren Kennedy also played Eva and completely nailed the score. Honestly, I think Patti does best with a role when she brings her own emotions to the table. She triumphed in EVITA because she channeled her misery. She triumphed in GYPSY because she brought all of the Laurents history with her and fought like hell for the part.

I've also seen her sleepwalk and become lackluster, shredding scores with her "flannel mouth"-(that is the nickname taken from her bio.)

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

broadway guy
#89Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 6:34pm

"I think Patti does best with a role when she brings her own emotions to the table. She triumphed in EVITA because she channeled her misery. She triumphed in GYPSY because she brought all of the Laurents history with her and fought like hell for the part."

I completely agree. She is an Actor first and a Singer second.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#90Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 7:07pm

I think she is EVERYTHING first and NOTHING second!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#91Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 7:11pm

Wait. Can we pause? How old are you, exactly? You're still reliving your days from the 5th grade? I'm so confused.

This cracked me up and it's on point. How old are you REALLY, broadway guy?? You're still in high school, right? You clearly have a lot of maturing to do.

broadway guy
#92Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 7:18pm

I am only reliving my elementary days cause we got onto the subject of when i first saw wicked.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#93Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 7:20pm

She is an Actor first and a Singer second.
But how did LuPone get so good at singing?

broadway guy
#94Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 7:24pm

Those are her words not mine. I agree with her though. Patti always tries to understand the character and dives in deep with the character psychologically. She got mad when the London choreographers kept telling her how Elaine Paige did Evita. Patti said that she didn't want to know how Elaine did it cause she wanted to go on her own journey to discover the character. Thankyou for getting this thread back on topic wynbish. Lord knows it was overdue...

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#95Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 7:28pm

I wish she had been an Actor first and Singer second in SWEENEY TODD. Actually, I wish she would have been Mrs. Lovett first, and Patti LuPone second... but my experience of that revival was sadly the opposite.

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#96Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 7:29pm

yes yes i know all about her Evita struggling.I wonder if she would of had problems with the Evita score if she attended a MT school. hmmm...

hmmm

broadway guy
#97Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 7:36pm

I still do wonder that Wynbish. If she had her voice trained a bit more by an MT school she might not have struggled so much through EVITA. But i don't know if there were exclusively MT schools around that time. PLus, I think she is such a great actress because she did go to juilliard so if she went to an exclusively MT school than she might not of had the acting training to play Mama Rose as well as she did.

Updated On: 6/18/13 at 07:36 PM

broadway guy
#98Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 7:40pm

"I wish she had been an Actor first and Singer second in SWEENEY TODD. Actually, I wish she would have been Mrs. Lovett first, and Patti LuPone second... but my experience of that revival was sadly the opposite."

Her casting of Mrs.Lovett really came out of left field for me. I never saw her do it live but i did watch a bootleg of the whole show and I thought she was magnificent.t She always brings something different to her parts and she is My favorite Mrs.Lovett to date.

Updated On: 6/18/13 at 07:40 PM

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#99Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 7:41pm

Better than Angela?