pixeltracker

Selling tickets for this Wednesday?

Selling tickets for this Wednesday?

kelkel113
#1Selling tickets for this Wednesday?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 5:48pm

Does anyone need to sell some tickets for a Broadway performance at 2PM on Wednesday (Cinderella, Kinky Boots, Matilda, anything really)? Me and my mom thought waiting until day-of-performance would be the way to get the cheapest tickets but now I'm not so sure because Kinky Boots and Matilda are selling out fast and the prices aren't going down. So is anyone in a need to get rid of some tickets?

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#2Selling tickets for this Wednesday?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 6:01pm

This isn't a good way to get cheap tickets, especially to the shows you've mentioned. Occasionally, people will sell (or give out!) tickets here but that's usually as a last resort when someone ends up with tickets they can't use at the last minute. Broadwayworld isn't a ticet brokering website.

Matilda and Kinky Boots are essentially sold out for every performance and the only way to get tickets besides the secondary market (Stub Hub) at exorbitant prices is through lottery/standing room.

Cinderella has been on TKTS recently and there is a student rush available on Wednesdays. There's also a discount code if you'd prefer buying in advance.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Selling tickets for this Wednesday?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 6:39pm

Successful shows seldom get cheaper as you get closer.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3Selling tickets for this Wednesday?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 7:27pm

At this point, for high-profile shows, you are better off doing Rush or Lotto (or Standing Room, if offered).

If not, and you can afford full-price ticket prices, I have a suggestion:

Seats are often put off-sale to hold for emergencies and/or premium tickets. If they don't get sold, then they are released. "Holds" and "Premiums" are now available at full-price. Holds are typically released 2 days prior to showtime, and Emergencies about 2 hours prior to showtime. Just go to the box office and try your luck.

Otherwise:

Try your luck at the TKTS line. Those are discount tickets, but the high-profile shows sell-out fast. And just because a show is not listed on there when the TKTS booth opens doesn't mean it won't appear later in the day. Try an hour before showtime.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

kelkel113
#4Selling tickets for this Wednesday?
Posted: 7/25/13 at 8:59am

Thanks for the advice everyone! I did try the TKTS booth yesterday and just as I got up to the person all the options that me and my mother were willing to see had sold out (Cinderella, Jersey Boys, Spiderman had already started, and First Date).

We went to the theaters close to Times Square to see if any had standing room and ended up at the front of a completely sold-out Kinky Boots disappointed that we might not see any show when a poor guy in front of the theater approached us that some of his theater group had bailed and he was left with 5 orchestra tickets and he offered us the 2 tickets we needed for only $55! This was 2 minutes before showtime!

Needless to say it was a miracle! We had awesome seats and I got to meet all of the cast after!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Selling tickets for this Wednesday?
Posted: 7/25/13 at 9:05am

Good for you. Lucky day!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos