BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?

Irenka
#1BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 7/26/13 at 12:03am

I was wondering if anyone did this recently. Next Wednesday is my last chance to see the show while Im in town so I want to make sure I get the ticket. They go in sale at 1pm, how early do I need to be there? The Rush report is useless on this because it doesnt say anything about Weekday matinee. Thanks!

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#2BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 7/26/13 at 12:51am

I was there at 11:30 last week and there were already 20 people in line. I was there to do lotto but I figured I would hop in the line if it wasn't too big. I would suggest 9 or earlier

gchris11
#2BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 7/26/13 at 1:04am

I agree. I would get there at around 9 am. They will let you do the lotto also. If you get the first row seats take them. If you win the box seats give them up and do the standing room. It is a better view than the boxes.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#3BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 7/26/13 at 1:29am

Irenka

Book Of Mormon doesn't do Wednesday matinees. They do, however, do an evening show at 7 PM that day.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 7/26/13 at 1:30am

They do Wednesday matinees now. They brought them back about a month ago.

My friend was there this past Wednesday matinee. She got there around 9 and was 4th or 5th in line.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 7/26/13 at 01:30 AM

gchris11
#5BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 7/26/13 at 1:37am

They restarted Wednesday Matinees back in June.

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#6BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 7/26/13 at 9:35am

Playbill needs to pull it together. That weekly schedule is always my go-to but I can see it still has Mormon with no Wednesday mat and Wicked dark on Monday which has actually been dark Sundays for the past couple of weeks.....although at the top of the page it warns to check show listings individually

Updated On: 7/26/13 at 09:35 AM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#7BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 7/26/13 at 10:35am

So how does SRO work now for Wednesdays, a two-show day? If I want SRO tickets for the evening show, do I get there about 9 a.m.? (I would probably get there earlier.) Then, assuming I was early enough, would I have my choice of the matinee or the evening performances? Thanks for any info!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#8BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 7/26/13 at 10:46am

They don't sell SRO for both performances in a 2-show day at once. It's 1 hour before curtain for each performance.

For the evening show on a Wednesday, you probably wouldn't have to get there until about 1 or even 2.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#9BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 7/26/13 at 1:01pm

Thanks, Lizzie!

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#10BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 8/6/14 at 5:11pm

Is the time to be there for a Wednesday matinee still around 9am??

andrcort
#11BoM SRO for Wednesday matinee?
Posted: 8/6/14 at 7:53pm

I did SRO for a wednesday matinee this past July. I got to the theatre at 9:45 am and was the second person in line. The person in front of me got there about 5 minutes before me. The next group of people didn't come until about 10:05-10:10ish. The line was just about full by the time they starting pulling names for the lottery.

The SRO line is a much shorter wait than it used to be. I'd say maybe check the line at around 9:30am to be safe, but you could get in as late as 10:30am and probably get a ticket. If no one's in line, check back every 20 minutes or so.

Updated On: 8/6/14 at 07:53 PM