pixeltracker

Isn't The Good Wife great?- Page 4

Isn't The Good Wife great?

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#75Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/8/14 at 9:52am

I hope we have not seen the last of Nestor Carbonell. When she was standing outside that restaurant at the end of the episode I was literally yelling at the tv, "Get your ass in there!"

Updated On: 5/8/14 at 09:52 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#76Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 9:03am

Amazing episode. I'm curious if they wrote the ending of it, thinking they might not get picked up for another season. If that would have been a series finale it would have been (in a way) ok since it would have wrapped a lot of things up, but as it stands it's going to be a REALLY interesting 6th season!

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#77Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 10:22am

It's just one amazing episode after another! I am constantly amazed at how they can keep this show so entertaining, while not resorting to cliche!

Jordan Catalano
#78Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 10:53am

The last 20 seconds were just amazing!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#79Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 3:28pm

The first "surprise" I predicted and long expected- Diane wanting to join FA. I actually think that's kind of a no brainer, with her $38 million in billable clients. They'd be fools to turn her down.

Alicia running for state's attorney is the more interesting twist, though I ultimately suspect she'll turn that down.

I know his character is dying, but I absolutely hated Louis Canning. I hope he doesn't join the cast full-time next season.

Did anyone else notice the season ended the exact same way as it began: with Alicia staring off into space drinking wine?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#80Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 3:32pm

I feel like they've been sowing the seeds of Alicia developing a drinking problem (or maybe coming to terms with the one she already has). Last week or the week before there was a scene in her kitchen were she poured herself a glass of wine and then kind of stopped and stared for a minute, like she was thinking the better of it. She wound up drinking it anyway, though.

I hate Louis Canning, too!

Jordan Catalano
#81Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 3:39pm

I don't see her drinking wine any more problematic than Olivia Pope. It's just what career girls do at the end of a busy career day!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#82Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 3:42pm

I don't watch the Pope show so I can't speak to it.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#83Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 3:44pm

Also forgot to say that any episode that allows Stockard Channing and Mary Beth Peil so many scenes together (and those two old pros are GREAT together) is well worth watching.

I never thought about Alicia developing a drinking problem. It's interesting, though, given that they've clearly written her mother to be a functioning alcoholic.

Jordan Catalano
#84Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 3:45pm

Well you'll just have to trust me on this one. Career girls drink red wine from stylish glasses when they get home from work.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#85Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 3:47pm

I believe you. I'm just saying this show seems to be setting this up, like earlier this season where Grace called her out on her drinking.

Jordan Catalano
#86Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 3:56pm

I really hope they stay away from a drinking problem storyline. It's way too "soap opera" for a show that's as good as this one is.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#87Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/20/14 at 10:50pm

Maybe they can do an arc where Canning dies and its a murder committed by the "killer client" Colin Sweeney and they get him off cos everybody appreciates how their interests have been served.

Just a wish.

Jordan Catalano
#88Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/20/14 at 10:51pm

I actually just had a nice chat with Dylan Baker the other day about the show. He said he's hopeful he'll be back next season but hasn't heard anything yet. I really do hope he and Benanti return!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#89Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 10:27am

Anyone still watching this show?  

I'm extremely disappointed in this season, and last night was particularly bad. 

We spent an entire season dealing with this State's Attorney's race which has fizzled into exactly nothing. No payoff, nothing. Fine, I can get over that. I wasn't relishing the idea of Alicia being in a new place, not interacting with Diane and Carey. 

But then...the whole premise of Alicia's return to the law firm was beyond stupid. I refuse to believe that all of those intelligent people would not realize this was a giant misunderstanding and get everything squared away sooner. No, I don't believe that, sorry, show. That was just poorly written, conceived, and executed. 

And then, once they finally figure it all out, they're not gonna let her come back because one client, who's only been a client for a couple of weeks, doesn't like her? Really? I don't believe Carey and Diane would EVER bend that quickly to the whim of a client. That goes against their characters. Again, poorly written. 

I won't even get into the cheesy Kalinda exit story. This is a woman who isn't the least bit sentimental and is completely pragmatic about everything (and everything would have been fine if Carey had just STAYED OUT OF IT). Why did she get a cheesy, sentimental, last walk through Alicia's living room before going off the grid? 

There's only two episodes left this season, and I intend to watch them, but I really hope Alicia returns to the law firm. I have no interest in watching a show where she's not working alongside Carey and Diane.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#90Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/1/15 at 10:20pm

It's been trying this season.  I've always thought some of the recurring characters are a little too too in their quirkiness, but this season itfeels like that gone full-on cartoon.  I always thought the "in my opinion" judge was the worst, but I think Harried Dad or Investigator or reporter or whatever is the actual worst. 

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#91Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/1/15 at 11:00pm

"It's been trying this season.  I've always thought some of the recurring characters are a little too too in their quirkiness, but this season itfeels like that gone full-on cartoon.  I always thought the "in my opinion" judge was the worst, but I think Harried Dad or Investigator or reporter or whatever is the actual worst. "

Yes, are we really to believe that guy can't afford child care?!?!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#92Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/1/15 at 11:20pm

And every single person over 40 is completely befuddled by technology. 

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#93Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/1/15 at 11:24pm

Not EVERY single ( or coupled) person but a great many of us are technologically  "challenged."

(still having trouble inserting  images etc )

Jordan Catalano
#94Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/1/15 at 11:39pm

Even it's weakest episode is far and away better than pretty much anything else on TV.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#95Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/2/15 at 8:34am

I agree with you Jordan. And also as the cast, writers and producers have said they produce 22 episodes a season and the majority of these cable shows that get the accolades are around 10 episodes. 

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#96Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/2/15 at 3:52pm

They can pat themselves on the back all they want, but the recurring characters are a live-action cartoon.  That Colin Sweeney episode with the actor playing Colin Sweeney and playing the actor playing Colin Sweeney was highly irritating. 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#97Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 2:23pm

That Colin Sweeney episode with the actor playing Colin Sweeney and playing the actor playing Colin Sweeney was highly irritating. 

That was truly the lowest point thus far from a show that's speeding downhill faster than Calvin and Hobbes on a runaway sled.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#98Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 2:41pm

"That Colin Sweeney episode with the actor playing Colin Sweeney and playing the actor playing Colin Sweeney was highly irritating. 
That was truly the lowest point thus far from a show that's speeding downhill faster than Calvin and Hobbes on a runaway sled."

Agreed. 

Last night was an exercise in tedium. Dull, dull, dull. 

If next season is going to be about Alicia and Finn being "street lawyers" helping the poor and downtrodden, then I have no interest in watching. 

Jordan Catalano
#99Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 2:42pm

Man, I totally disagree with you. lol

I thought last nights episode was fantastic and the building blocks for the final season, which I'm sure they've been mapping out for a while now.