pixeltracker

Fargo, the new TV series, on FX- Page 2

Fargo, the new TV series, on FX

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#25Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 10/28/15 at 1:28am

Bump. How are you folks liking it thus far? Kristin is very funny in it.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#26Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 10/28/15 at 9:15am

It's slow and steady, but fantastic storytelling.

Jean Smart and Bokeem Woodbine are stealing their every scene, but Patrick Wilson and Kirsten Dunst are the most pleasant surprises. I was worried how they would fit into this very specific universe, but they're excellent.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#27Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 10/28/15 at 1:27pm

Jean Smarts character reminds me too much of Grace Sabrinksky in Ray Donovan and of Margo Martindales character in that other cable show with  the hot sheriff.   The show is very slow.  Might be better binge watching as opposed to watching it week to week.   Also...even if it is suppose to be based on a true story... way too many coincidences .  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 10/28/15 at 01:27 PM

SmoothLover
#28Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 10/29/15 at 12:16am

Again, the tempo I believe is in tune with small town life in the Midwest part of the country where things move at a slow pace. I do not really mind it however, I find myself getting ahead of the material. But I must say that I have chuckled out loud several times maybe because I am from a small town in Nebraska and I really am enjoying it.

Wilmingtom
#29Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 10/29/15 at 2:20am

I love the music, production design, set decoration...it just looks great.  The cast is terrific although Wilson needs more time with the dialect coach because he only lands every 5th word.  Overall I think the writing is pretty sharp and look forward to following it. 

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#30Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 10/29/15 at 8:47pm

I'm enjoying it, too, though not as much as the first season, which I "binge watched". The show is so low-key yet the actions are so interconnected, it rather helps to watch several episodes at once. I already need to go back and rematch the premier; I don't remember the shootings at the diner well enough to understand what is troubling Patrick Wilson.

Speaking of whom, why do we hate Patrick Wilson? Why are we "bitter because of his success"? (I'm not talking about Wilmington's specific criticism of Wilson's diction, but the general knocks on the previous page.) Has Wilson threatened to play Madam Rose in a film or something?

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#31Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 10/29/15 at 10:30pm

I certainly do not hate Patrick Wilson

SmoothLover
#32Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 10/30/15 at 2:32am

This can be said of a lot of actors, but I think Wilson is very good when he is working with a good script. I thought he nailed it in Angels In America and I also thought he did fine work in Little Children. I think he is the perfect candidate for an HBO series, perhaps something political. He is easy on the eyes, does not seem to mind doing nudity and he can act. I saw him in a Starbucks in Times Square a few years ago and he turned around and looked at me for some reason and I almost dropped my latte for he was so handsome. His role in Fargo seems to be a little underwritten but maybe more will develop in the unaired episodes.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#33Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 10/30/15 at 3:46am

I admit I've been kinda following his career with perhaps too much interest since I saw him in the tour of Carousel as a teen in the mid 90s.  I do think that certain roles don't really work for him (I mean that's true of every actor, but he has had a few major roles that have been bad fits) but...

SmoothLover
#34Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 11/14/15 at 5:51am

Did anyone watch last week? It certainly moved along quickly.

willep
#35Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 11/14/15 at 9:26am

"Also...even if it is suppose to be based on a true story... way too many coincidences .  "

It is not based on a true story...

SmoothLover
#36Fargo, the new TV series, on FX
Posted: 11/17/15 at 3:55pm

I am still enjoying it but I have come to the conclusion that the first season was better largely due do a wonderful lead actress and I believe a better script.