pixeltracker

It's Official! Kristin Chenoweth to Return to Broadway with Peter Gallagher in ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY in Spring 2015- Page 4

It's Official! Kristin Chenoweth to Return to Broadway with Peter Gallagher in ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY in Spring 2015

Wilmingtom
#75It's Official! Kristin Chenoweth to Return to Broadway with Peter Gallagher in ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY in Spring 2015
Posted: 5/20/14 at 1:10am

Parson me all to hell, but I'd give a call out to Joanne Worley for Primrose. She's still got it!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#76It's Official! Kristin Chenoweth to Return to Broadway with Peter Gallagher in ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY in Spring 2015
Posted: 5/20/14 at 9:38am

If Kristine Nielsen can sing (even a little), I think she'd be a fantastic Primrose.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#78It's Official! Kristin Chenoweth to Return to Broadway with Peter Gallagher in ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY in Spring 2015
Posted: 5/28/14 at 2:32pm

Ahhhh, I remember seeing ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY first time around on Broadway. It was the first time I could relate to the phrase, "I left the theatre humming the sets!"

I loved the show, but those sets...wow! I'm sure we'll not see anything like them in this revival. I saw the original FOLLIES in previews at the Colonial in Boston and the production design for the "Loveland" sequence has never come close to being matched; had me losing my mind...

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#80It's Official! Kristin Chenoweth to Return to Broadway with Peter Gallagher in ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY in Spring 2015
Posted: 6/25/14 at 6:07pm

Thank you, SondheimFan2. I've been holding a private Cy Colman festival and Miss Kahn has been on my mind. I thought she was the funniest person alive at the time, yet found her dreary and eventually baffling in the show.

Yes, as many have noted in other threads, she is quite brilliant on the recording!

brettarnett Profile Photo
brettarnett
#81It's Official! Kristin Chenoweth to Return to Broadway with Peter Gallagher in ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY in Spring 2015
Posted: 6/25/14 at 6:31pm

Loved that clip, SondheimFan2. I had never heard that Madeline Kahn wasn't treated well. I knew she wasn't always "on." I'd love to hear more about On the Twentieth Century, it seems that most who discuss it never go into much depth.

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#83It's Official! Kristin Chenoweth to Return to Broadway with Peter Gallagher in ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY in Spring 2015
Posted: 6/25/14 at 6:44pm

Wow... I hope somebody digs up the curtain! I think this is the first show I remember hearing, "You leave the theater humming the sets..." I do like the score, but those sets! Those sets!

http://images.nypl.org/index.php?id=swope_631903&t=w