pixeltracker

HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews- Page 9

HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#200HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews
Posted: 6/19/14 at 3:47am

That preview video was terrible. For a culture that is so earthy and "real" it all just seemed so fake to me. The lighting was crazy tacky. The movement was so forced. And worse of all, I was just bored.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#201HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews
Posted: 6/19/14 at 4:09am

Can anyone explain why did they did the stadium seating?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

binau Profile Photo
binau
#202HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews
Posted: 6/19/14 at 4:12am

Wow that video is not what I expected. I thought they would have some kind of dramatic, gritty rap songs like LOSE YOURSELF or DROP THE WORLD (I don't know anything about rap, but I do enjoy these two songs). Instead it's bad In the Heights. There actually doesn't seem to be anything innovative about the style of music at all.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#203HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews
Posted: 6/19/14 at 10:08am

At least the world is seeing how Leon does with an original piece of work. If anyone saw Hoopz they would know what I'm talking about. That show actually had a basketball court as a set and had a multi-million dollar workshop that didn't get past the first act.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#204HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews
Posted: 6/19/14 at 10:28am

The more I think about it, the more I realize that the show reminded me a really bad after school special.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#205HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews
Posted: 6/19/14 at 2:07pm

I agree, it had that vibe. They should have done a regional production of this somewhere, it clearly wasn't meant for Broadway. HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews