pixeltracker

PROJECT RUNWAY Season 13- Page 3

PROJECT RUNWAY Season 13

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#50So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/4/14 at 1:41pm

"That dreadful little backstabbing tattletale moment where she whined to Tim Gunn about how she was being picked on is one the low points in the show's history."

Actually, that sort of thing has aired before and most likely occurs (unaired) every season. She was frustrated and felt pushed into a corner. With the amount of stress created by the time constraints, it didn't bother me that she went to Tim for advice. She certainly couldn't talk to her team and I thought she showed a lot of restraint and maturity during the judging. The others truly looked like whiny backstabbing bitches in the end and they both should have been sent home. They knew she had immunity and they know the rules of the show, but only argued the fact when they landed in the bottom. Personally, I thought Hernan was most responsible for their loss. As for the designs, I actually thought Korina and Char's craft projects were the worst.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#51So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/4/14 at 1:47pm

" I thought she showed a lot of restraint and maturity during the judging. "

AMEN. And she never resorted to any catty remarks back to any of the snarky other "designers" when they made their remarks. She's classier than any of them.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#52So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/4/14 at 1:56pm

Also, I think her chat with Tim was as staged as anything I've ever seen on 'reality' TV. Even though the segment included her saying that she asked to talk to Tim, I still don't buy it.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#53So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/4/14 at 7:46pm

I liked this show so much better at 60 minutes.

blueroses
#54So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/5/14 at 10:13am

How I miss Michael Kors. I can't stand Zac Posen!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#55So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/5/14 at 12:50pm

I really hated the Nina Kors coalition, so I don't mind Posen so much. But I do agree that 90 minutes is just too long for each episode.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#56So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/5/14 at 1:40pm

This is one of my favorite shows, so I'm glad it's 90 min. I like the creative process the most, so I can't get enough of the process. Also, I like Posen much more than Kors. At least he's cute!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#57So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/5/14 at 2:01pm

If any of the extra 30 minutes went to the creative process, that'd be fine. It just seems like more judging and more infighting, though.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#58So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/7/14 at 10:28pm

I guess I just don't understand what the judges are looking for this season. That winning look was just so...eh.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#59So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/7/14 at 11:42pm

oy vey. that winning look should have been a losing one, even though I like that designer.

Jordan Catalano
#60So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/7/14 at 11:44pm

I'm home visiting my family and my Mother and I just looked at each other with our jaws dropped. I thougth that hooded jumpsuit would have won. I that that was just stunning.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#61So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/7/14 at 11:58pm

There was not one garment that I liked tonight. Not even a little.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#62So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 11:41am

So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow

This is the reason the jumpsuit didn't win.

I actually liked the winning look. Well...not liked. But I thought it was a really smart interpretation of the brief to design something 20 years in the future. She has a real ability to produce things that are unexpected, and I think the judges are really responding to that. It's a design aesthetic that I think feels very fresh on this rather stale show. I also liked the green coat, but didn't love the separates. How Hernan wasn't eliminated is beyond me. That was a tittylicious disaster.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#63So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 11:41am

I'm actually thrilled and surprised that Sandhya's pink tunic won! Her aesthetic is so radically different from anything we've seen in a project runway contestant before, that I'm just glad the judges are responding positively. In a sea of grey and charcoal filling the runway last night, thank God one contestant actually is brave enough to show how radical the use of pink can be.

And I don't need to see another well-tailored olive drab jumpsuit no matter how well constructed as long as I live.

Updated On: 8/8/14 at 11:41 AM

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#64So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 11:51am

The best part of this season is how mystified the other contestants are at Sandhya's success. It'll be interesting to see if she can continue her success, since Heidi seems to like her work less than the other judges.

Hernan seemed to recover in the late stages of his construction. His piece seemed destined to be a disaster in the workroom, but it didn't look nearly as bad on the runway.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

SonofRobbieJ
#65So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 12:00pm

Oh...I still thought it was rough. Real, real rough.

I wonder if there's some unintentional xenophobia going on with the other designers regarding Sandhya. Maybe xenophobia is the wrong word, but they seem flummoxed by the Indian influence in her work. Except for last week where she completely sublimated that for the team challenge, her style real does contain a strong Indian flavor. I think a lot of people might find that tacky or gaudy or overdone. But so far, I'm responding well to it.

Jordan Catalano
#66So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 12:06pm

You honestly didn't see any Indian influence in that thing she made last night, did you??

SonofRobbieJ
#67So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 12:12pm

Absolutely...the gold trimming. It didn't take on an Indian shape, but I think pairing that pink with the gold accent was certainly a nod to her heritage.

Jordan Catalano
#68So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 12:13pm

Maybe. But (and I'm not bragging here) as someone who knows someone who is from India, I just didn't see it.

SonofRobbieJ
#69So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 12:14pm

So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow

This is what I'm talking about. It's not literal...it just took a color combo that I associate with, say, a sari.

Jordan Catalano
#70So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 12:18pm

I see what you're talking about now.

SonofRobbieJ
#71So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 12:21pm

Oh SH*T! I didn't mean for that picture to be that huge! Sorry.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#72So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 12:57pm

Robbie, her interpretation of the future seemed so basic and predictable to me. What's more obvious than a metallic big tube from the interior of the ship on ALIEN? I'm disappointed in her.

Plus, I hate pink, lol.

SonofRobbieJ
#73So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 1:08pm

See...I actually agree with Tom and Lorenzo (their blogging of PR is so delicious). I think so many of the other things were completely basic and expected. The color, the metallic, the fact that the shape of the dress was simple, but the shape of the hand-made tubing was not created something interesting. Maybe a little Logan's Run meets Bollywood, but I really responded to it.

Not sure if you'll like them, Jane, but give TLo a read. I think they're pretty great.
TomandLorenzo

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#74So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 1:10pm

I think Sandhya's piece really stood out when the top and bottom selections were all standing side-by-side on the runway.