pixeltracker

Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?

Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?

downhillskier
#1Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/11/14 at 11:29am

Just wondering if anyone has seen Finding Neverland recently and knows if it has continued to evolve since opening night? I saw it late August and have tickets for the final weekend. I'm was interested if they froze it on opening night and have left it unchanged for the rest of the run at ART, or are they continuing to test out different changes in Cambridge? Thanks.

downhillskier
#2Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/15/14 at 3:06pm

Just heard back from the ART. "Yes, the show froze on Opening Night; however, as any show progresses, performers settle into their roles and there can be variations between performances"

Stew123
#2Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/15/14 at 3:20pm

If the show hasn't changed, are you going to go see it again?

downhillskier
#3Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/15/14 at 4:13pm

I am going to see it again. I saw it with my niece in August and I am going again with my husband on the 27th.

I am very disappointed though, that they froze it after opening night. I had hoped to be able to witness the continued evolution to broadway here in Cambridge. I guess I learned a lesson for the future, the end of the run probably isn't really different that opening night. At least with a Diane Paulus production.

My husband & I saw it in early previews and then purchased the September tickets to see the tighter production. I had not planned to go in August, and purchased the tickets as last minute going away party for my niece.

Never-the-less. All 3 of us enjoyed it and I look forward to another entertaining evening at FN.

neonlightsxo
#4Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/15/14 at 4:17pm

I am confused why you are disappointed. Freezing a show on opening night is standard practice, even for out of town try outs. Of course, it depends on the show, but it's certainly the exception to have a show that continually evolves

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#5Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/15/14 at 4:23pm

I'm not sure if that's always true today, but shows definitely used to change during out-of-town tryouts. Hello, Dolly! famously swapped out "Penny In My Pocket" for "Before the Parade Passes By" during the show's run in DC.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#6Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/15/14 at 4:40pm

Don't forget Aladdin swapped out 'Call Me a Princess' for 'These Palace Walls' during its run in Toronto, as well as so many other changes...

Updated On: 9/16/14 at 04:40 PM

Stew123
#7Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/15/14 at 6:30pm

I think one reason why they haven't done anything to FN is because there is so much they need to change that small tweaks to it won't help. They are going to have to do a severe overhaul before it comes to Broadway.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#8Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/15/14 at 7:52pm

Luckily, they'll have about six months to do so!

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#9Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 7:56am

Jeffrey Karasarides, I think "These Palace Walls" was changed over the break between Toronto and Broadway. I saw the show in its last week and a half in T.O. and it was still "Call Me A Princess".

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Wilmingtom
#10Has FINDING NEVERLAND changed since opening night?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 2:02pm

I think it's very unusual for a show not to make changes during a tryout. Maybe it has do with the schedules of the creatives coupled with the fact that they have a big window before their Broadway bow?