newintown
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:03am

No, she was like a sculpture frame.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:21am

"My signature: 'Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact."'"

No one is saying you have to like the show. We know it's your opinion, and you're rightfully entitled to it.

"I am angry that it is still running because the Helen Hayes is my favorite theatre on Broadway and the fact that new and (possibly) good work isn't getting an opportunity to be presented and instead the beautiful theatre has to be desecrated with that insult to musical theatre is something that pisses me off!"

For someone who is so intent on having an opinion should understand the definition of what is "good" is subjective. So for you to say that "good" work isn't getting an opportunity is false.

Sorry you dislike this show so much.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:58am

mjohnson2's opinion is relatively articulately stated and seems to me to be as valid as anyone else's around here. What's all the snark about? Bad day?

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/16/14 at 1:40pm

Man screaming uncontrollably in front of theater: "Help. HELP. Dear GOD. Someone help us. Someone save us. Please HELP. Oh, the tragedy. Oh, the humanity. Is there no one who can help, who can end this horror????"

Woman on the street: "Oh my GOD. What's going on? Are people being killed in there?"

Man: "Worse, much worse. It's a bad musical."

inception Profile Photo
inception
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/16/14 at 4:22pm

OMG! He's sooo right! The Helen Hayes would have been perfect for Side Show!!

Jersey Girl2 Profile Photo
Jersey Girl2
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/16/14 at 8:10pm

>>>the Helen Hayes is my favorite theatre on Broadway and the fact that new and (possibly) good work isn't getting an opportunity to be presented and instead the beautiful theatre has to be desecrated with that insult to musical theatre is something that pisses me off!
It pisses you off and gives me great pleasure.
The theater will still be standing when ROA's run ends. I just hope they can get the stains from the Jello shots off the carpet before some good work comes in.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."

neonlightsxo
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/16/14 at 8:55pm

Second Stage actually owns the Helen Hayes, and will be able to program there whenever ROA ends. So it's unlikely that Psycho will go there considering they just pulled out of their season.

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/16/14 at 9:00pm

inception, aside from the obvious and unnecessary snark, SIDE SHOW would work terribly in the Helen Hayes (I don't think it ever works, but obviously that's why you said that) due to the rather grandiose production values that the show in its current state has.

Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/16/14 at 9:10pm

"If/then" did a 100 grand plus more, and 86% of capacity. The show may do better this fall. It's surprising, but good news.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Pootie2
#35Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:03pm

"If/then did a 100 grand plus more, and 86% of capacity. The show may do better this fall. It's surprising, but good news."

But the average ticket price has been kind of low for the past whatever weeks, hasn't it? Was IF/THEN the only musical that rearranged the show schedule this month for 5-show weekends including Friday?

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#36Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/14/14
Posted: 9/17/14 at 7:29am

Yeah, the ticket price is on the low side, but with 86% of the seats sold last week, this show isn't down for the count in the immediate future, unless it was a fluke. And when would the second week of September be an especially busy time?

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling