pixeltracker

Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….- Page 5

Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#100Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone?.
Posted: 10/14/14 at 5:02pm

Bwaydide92, I didn't like Smash, but JJ's acting was great in Finding Neverland. Good at the start of the run, but really incredible by the end. It deepened as the weeks went by and he had more and more time with the character.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#101Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone?.
Posted: 10/14/14 at 5:09pm

Much like Norm Lewis and Audra McDonald, Jeremy Jordan belongs on stage. He has an incredible presence, and you cannot take your eyes off him. A true star. On television, all three of these actors are very average and forgettable in their roles (not live events such as SOM). They just don't work on camera. If you get a chance to see him live you won't regret it.

Updated On: 10/14/14 at 05:09 PM

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#102Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone?.
Posted: 10/14/14 at 5:40pm

Yes, Sutton, I totally agree. Because even during FN previews, when Jeremy Jordan hadn't totally nailed down his characterization yet (and they were doing tons of changes every day -- book, lyrics, choreography -- which has to take some focus), I still couldn't take my eyes off him. He's a stage star indeed.

Platypus
#103Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone?.
Posted: 10/14/14 at 8:25pm

"At least on stage, The Last Five years DOES have dialogue - although you would never know that from the OCR. It's not a lot of dialogue, but it's not "sung-through"...I don't know about the film, though"

The film has way more dialogue than the stage show. But not in a good way - it muddles the two timelines and makes you forget where you are in the sequence of the story. The majority of the story is still told in song, of course.

I thought Jeremy Jordan was fabulous in The Last Five Years film (and terrible in Smash), so I think he's finally figured out how to work the camera.

Sunny11
#104Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone?.
Posted: 10/15/14 at 1:24am

As a possible new development Morrison is playing the lead role in a voice cast of the Weinstein co distributed animated movie Underdogs. The movie is being released in April.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmovies/article/Ariana-Grande-Matthew-Morrison-Katie-Holmes-and-Nicholas-Hoult-Lend-Voices-to-UNDERDOGS-20141014

Updated On: 10/15/14 at 01:24 AM

Back Row
#105Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone?.
Posted: 10/15/14 at 10:22am

"As a possible new development Morrison is playing the lead role in a voice cast of the Weinstein co distributed animated movie Underdogs."

So does this mean we should expect to Ariana Grande to replace Laura Michelle Kelly in Finding Neverland?

Seriously though, given the fact that a Weinstein company is also distributing Jeremy Jordan's film, I doubt there is any significance to this. Weinstein's Hollywood Reporter interview offered a lot of clues as too what he might do, and it sounded like Jordan had been just a placeholder all along. (Whether or not Jordan was aware of that when he took the job is not so clear) Weinstein made a point of praising both Jordan and Michael McGrath, in the same way that an official news release praises the accomplishments of a CEO just before the Board of Directors shows him the door. He actually sounded shocked that Jordan and McGrath were as good as they were in their roles, admitting that (as a Hollywood movie producer) he is discovering the Broadway talent pool for the first time.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#106Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone?.
Posted: 10/15/14 at 10:44am

"He actually sounded shocked that Jordan and McGrath were as good as they were in their roles, admitting that (as a Hollywood movie producer) he is discovering the Broadway talent pool for the first time."

It sounds like he doesn't even care about Broadway..i don't like him!

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#107Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone?.
Posted: 10/15/14 at 11:47am

And he produced the Oscar-Winning film version of 'Chicago'!

Videos