pixeltracker

Andrea Martin as Bernadette Peters in 1983 SCTV comedy sketch!

Andrea Martin as Bernadette Peters in 1983 SCTV comedy sketch!

musicaltheatreman2
theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#2Andrea Martin as Bernadette Peters in 1983 SCTV comedy sketch!
Posted: 10/6/14 at 12:22am

Hahaha! Thanks for sharing! Andrea Martin is so good!

Hex3 Profile Photo
Hex3
#2Andrea Martin as Bernadette Peters in 1983 SCTV comedy sketch!
Posted: 10/6/14 at 1:22am

Thanks for posting that. I loved it!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3Andrea Martin as Bernadette Peters in 1983 SCTV comedy sketch!
Posted: 10/6/14 at 1:30am

I know she's a, quote, "comedy legend", but I'm sad to say I've yet to see an Andrea Martin sketch/tv appearance I found funny. But I kinda feel that way about SCTV in general. It was like SNL's more respectful cousin who did well in school. Anyone got some A. Martin clips to convert me? I'm guessing it's more the writing and overall sensibility of that show I'm not connecting with, rather than Martin's work. And given the seemingly universal raves she received, I'm still very much looking forward to seeing her in Pippin in a few weeks.

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#4Andrea Martin as Bernadette Peters in 1983 SCTV comedy sketch!
Posted: 10/6/14 at 1:05pm

Horse Tears, I loved her in Pippin and also in the film "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". It might well be that the writing on SCTV was the issue - see what you think after you see her in Pippin. I recommend the above movie too, and not just for her performance.

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#5Andrea Martin as Bernadette Peters in 1983 SCTV comedy sketch!
Posted: 10/6/14 at 2:39pm

She did an absolutely sidesplitting guest spot on 30 Rock in their final season. She was the host of a "Woman in Entertainment" award who was barely keeping it together after her husband left her. It was one of those bits where she had maybe three minutes of screentime but created a complete, twisted character in just a few lines.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#6Andrea Martin as Bernadette Peters in 1983 SCTV comedy sketch!
Posted: 10/6/14 at 7:17pm

Oh, YEAH, ChairinMain - that was a great ep of 30 Rock. Easily one of the best later eps, really. Thanks for the reminder.