BC/EFA Fall 2014

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#75BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 11/25/14 at 11:08pm

Any end date for this? I'm thinking through the end of next week with the competition the following week. Any confirmation?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#76BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 11/25/14 at 11:34pm

I used to visit Broadway in mid-December when I lived on the west coast, and always hit the tail end of the campaign, so I think it goes for a while longer...

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#77BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 11/26/14 at 2:24am

No, the last day will be Sunday Dec 7. The collections end with the Gypsy of the Year event. Usually the collections end after the first week in December so if in past years it has gone later into December, it had been due to losing days earlier for other reasons (Hurricane Sandy, transit strike, stagehand strike, etc.)

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"
Updated On: 11/26/14 at 02:24 AM

tmbyru Profile Photo
tmbyru
#78BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 11/27/14 at 11:43pm

Anyone know if Side Show is participating yet? Going on Saturday.

bstrumwasser Profile Photo
bstrumwasser
#79BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 11/28/14 at 3:32pm

BC/EFA Fall 2014

Limited Edition Prints are available for Cabaret signed by Alan Cumming. As well as A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, Mamma Mia, Hedwig, and Matilda with more to come. They will ship direct to you.

Use coupon code "blackfriday" code now through Monday December 1, 2014 for 25% off your order

The proceeds do benefit Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS. Email for more information.

http://www.brianstrumwasser.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

B Strumwasser www.BrianStrumwasser.com
Updated On: 11/28/14 at 03:32 PM

musicman_bwayfan
#80BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/2/14 at 6:35pm

Does SIDE SHOW have any signed items yet?

What about DELICATE BALANCE? Are they participating?

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#81BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/2/14 at 7:23pm

Has anyone seen signed items for 'The Elephant Man' yet? Just wondering since opening night coincides with the last day of collections - hoping they would participate. Thanks!

LightsOut90
#82BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/3/14 at 12:58am

SIDE SHOW has signed posters for 80

FosseBoi
#83BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/3/14 at 12:59am

I was at A Delicate Balance last Friday and, sadly, there was nothing. On a somewhat related note, I found it odd that there was no merchandise. Not a even a t-shirt, coffee mug, or poster.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#84BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/3/14 at 8:24am

That's not unusual for a play...

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#85BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/3/14 at 8:28am

And shows in previews do not participate. I would not expect Elephant Man to do anything on their opening night.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#86BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/3/14 at 2:23pm

Should've stated that I was aware that shows don't participate during previews and I'm sure they wouldn't do anything on their opening night... But was hoping they would like 'Mothers and Sons' did...

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#87BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/3/14 at 4:18pm

Bought a signed window card of THE RIVER this afternoon for $100. Even though it was already reported on here that the price had dropped, I was still very surprised that they were so inexpensive. HUGH JACKMAN BACK ON BROADWAY and A STEADY RAIN were each $200. Regardless, I'm happy to support the cause.

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#88BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/3/14 at 4:28pm

@WithoutATrace - does The River window card signatures include the understudies? Thx!

WithoutATrace
#89BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/3/14 at 5:29pm

Yes, it includes the understudies. There are five signatures in total.

musicman_bwayfan
#90BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/3/14 at 7:41pm

@WithoutATrace - Lucky for you RE: Steady Rain. You must have been there on one of the last days when they were clearing stuff out. The first few days they were $300. The day I saw it as I gave them my card, Hugh raised the price up to $400. Some days they hit $500. Some days they had a special price with a playbill included. It's one thing that really frustrates me and others. The pricing can fluctuate like crazy at times.

bstrumwasser Profile Photo
bstrumwasser
#91BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/5/14 at 4:40pm

BC/EFA Fall 2014

Limited Edition Prints from the original paintings are available for Cabaret signed by Alan Cumming. As well as A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, Mamma Mia, Hedwig, and Matilda with more to come. They will ship direct to you.

Use coupon code "Cabaret" code now through Monday December 8, 2014 for 10% off your order

Proceeds benefit Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS.

Email for more information.
http://www.brianstrumwasser.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

B Strumwasser www.BrianStrumwasser.com

Hairspray0901
#92BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/5/14 at 6:50pm

I know Mamma Mia! isn't popular on this board but I was there on Wednesday and they were selling signed window cards, Judy McLane pens (which are hilarious) and aprons.

Some of the cast that night were also taking donations (opposed to just volunteers) and if you donated, you were allowed to take photos with them in costume. They're also doing a rap (video link below, recorded by BCEFA) to get people interested and it's pretty clever / fun. I've never seen a show get creative like that before!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kL641RHFRs

LightsOut90
#93BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/6/14 at 1:48am

was at The River this evening Hugh got 2 people to pay 8 grand for his shirt and a meet and greet and a 3rd woman who he couldn't quiet get over 6k (she said she would do 7 if Hugh went to dinner with her and her girlfriend drawing a huge reaction from the crowd) to do a meet and greet for 2k, at least 18 grand in 10 minute, insane, Tom Viola looked like he was going to drop lol

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#94BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/6/14 at 1:56am

Wow, he only got them up to $5K on Tuesday.

mamaleh
#95BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/7/14 at 8:37am

The results would seem to vary by audience. I was at one Wednesday matinee of THE RIVER where HJ's herculean efforts--the same energy and charisma he regularly exhibits--yielded only $2,000 for one shirt, not even a matching offer for the other. Yet on certain evenings he raises a heck of a lot more.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#96BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/8/14 at 9:49am

I saw It's Only a Play yesterday and got a signed poster for $100. They said they were having a blow out sale. Playbills were still $60. Everyone in the cast participated in the speech and an auction to go on stage and take a selfie with the cast. It went for $1500. They were trying to get it up for awhile and then said anyone who wants to pay that could come right down to the stage. Then they also offered open access backstage for last night, or any other performance, and opportunities to walk back and forth as guests on the stage during the show for $5000.

WithoutATrace
#97BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/12/14 at 10:48am

I was under the impression that BCEFA collections ended on Sunday, December 7. However, last night at THE RIVER, Hugh Jackman was still collecting. He got two people to bid $6500 each for two shirts. They were still selling signed windowcards and the carols for a cure CD.

I wonder if Hugh asked if he could continue collecting for BCEFA for another few weeks, since he knows he can get so much money. If so, I'm glad he got special permission. The audience was really into the performance tonight too. I enjoyed it more the second time around.

jo
#98BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/12/14 at 11:44am

In 2011, when he was doing BACK ON BROADWAY, Hugh completed the full 6-week fundraising period beyond the official end of that year's BC/EFA drive. The show opened around halfway after the BC/EFA collection period started. He probably has the same arrangements with BC/EFA for THE RIVER which also opened 3 weeks into the BC/EFA collection period.

Updated On: 12/12/14 at 11:44 AM

WithoutATrace
#99BC/EFA Fall 2014
Posted: 12/12/14 at 1:04pm

Good to know. They will get a lot more money over the next three weeks. I bet Hugh would willingly help raise money for the rest of the run if he could.