News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Phillytheatreguy10

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Member Name: Phillytheatreguy10
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony Award tickets  May 7 2024, 10:03:40 AM

^^^And somehow they'll get in- obnoxious 

THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Apr 9 2024, 11:08:23 AM

I love the storytelling, directing, and most of the performances happening in this show, Particularly, I think the Curtis brothers individually are doing great work. For me, the one weak link here is Sky- he's too one note in his performance, he mopes around from the time enters and doesn't go anywhere even when there is a a character arc. I understand he's a victim of circumstance, but I just don't root for his Johnny, in fact, I don't really feel anything and that&#

BCEFA Spring 2024 Collections  Apr 1 2024, 02:02:26 PM

Any updates? 

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Mar 21 2024, 12:28:10 PM

With what the reviews were for The Notebook, IMO not only these reviews, but the reviews of the new musicals left to open are harder to predict than usual- and reviews are already so unpredictable! Save for maybe Illinoise, which is opening close to their Off Broadway run and I doubt will change drastically. This year's Best Musical race is wide open, which is pretty exciting. 

BCEFA Spring 2024 Collections  Mar 16 2024, 09:27:19 PM

It’s that time of the year again! I figured I’d start the chain, what shows are selling and prices. My shows this weekend were in previews, so nothing to report, but I’m sure someone does. Collections are from March 15-April 28.

Boy George in MR  Feb 15 2024, 12:09:47 AM

Derek went out mid-show last night and was replaced by Dylan Paul. Tasia was on last night as well as quite a lot of swings in the ensemble, I’m wondering if something isn’t going around in the company. As for George, if you’d not see the show before you’d not know how lacking his performance is in comparison to Danny and Eric. I do think since those early clips he’s gotten better- which may not say much, but he’s not the train wreck people are making him o

BC/EFA Fall 2023 Collections  Nov 3 2023, 04:25:17 PM

Anyone know what Purlie Victorious is offering and prices?

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews  Nov 3 2023, 01:18:03 PM

Anyone know price points for BCEFA collections at Purlie? I know they're collecting. 

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Oct 10 2023, 10:51:29 PM

I love Bonnie, but she seems a tad young for a put upon wife looking for adventure in a stale marriage. 

New Hadestown Casting  Oct 3 2023, 09:08:42 PM

On this Mean Girls day I wish to say this to Broadway Casting Directors, stop trying to make Jordan happen, it’s not going to happen. He’s not even a household name, like why? His attendance is bad and his voice is mediocre. I’ve never got it, and I was thankful he was out of the Sweeney performance I attended. He’s also not going to move the needle on their grosses which is necessary. 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Reviews  Aug 2 2023, 03:56:04 PM

Update- it looks like tonight is cancelled due to a lack of covers. Briga is out and so is Lauren Zakrin- the latter has COVID per her insta. Apparently Aisha was scheduled to be out tonight which only leaves Salisha to cover Cinderella and Snow which is impossible- as Lauren is also the other cover for both roles. 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Reviews  Aug 2 2023, 02:13:32 PM

Interesting because there’s playbill pictures from inside and Salisha Thomas is making her Cinderella debut.

“Monty Python's Spamalot” is coming to Broadway?  Jun 29 2023, 11:40:24 PM

I’d rather see Block’s Norma in their Sunset over this- but with the rumored incoming revival I can imagine that’s the reason we won’t see that again. 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME On Broadway - Opening Night Reviews  Jun 22 2023, 10:22:29 PM

We’re not going to get Angels in America every time. 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME On Broadway - Opening Night Reviews  Jun 22 2023, 10:11:08 PM

“No offense but I didn’t think the straight dude from the Post would rave about this show..

This isn’t a show for a bunch of stuffy critics. They need to get some TikTok and Influencers and celebs to spread word of mouth. Sometimes ya need a happy-before-ya-go type show”

This is for the girls and the gays and it’s fully self aware of that for sure. It’s got a clear identity right down to the merch. Which a lot of shows have bee

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME On Broadway - Opening Night Reviews  Jun 22 2023, 09:43:14 PM

Yeah, the difference between these reviews and Bad Cindy are that word of mouth is largely more positive. It’s sort of a see to be believed and you discover it’s actually a good time and not taking it’s self too seriously which was also Bad Cindy’s curse. One more time has far more going for it in my opinion, it’s pure fun not looking to change the world and entertaining as hell, if you’re looking for some deep meaning, look somewhere else and go have fun-

Cravalho, Fisher, Lewis, and more will lead Yazbeck-helmed CHILDREN OF EDEN concert  Jun 20 2023, 03:35:39 PM

Lost in the Wilderness is way more in his range than Johanna

What? Maybe if he doesn’t do the runs. Sorry, he doesn’t have the range. I’m sure he’s a nice guy, but he had poor attendance in this and his previous Broadway bow. Like Wayne Brady who has a similar history, I don’t understand why he’s become a go to. 

THE SIGN IN SIDNEY BRUSTEIN’S WINDOW Reviews  Jun 20 2023, 03:31:51 PM

Rachel was not advertised and/or wasn’t much notice. My friend had our tickets for months and got notified at 12pm she was out of both shows per email and then later she was also out Sunday.

Tony Awards aftermath  Jun 12 2023, 07:35:54 PM

As much as I love the Uranowitz idea, I want to know what Matt Doyle is doing next? I could see him easily going into Sweeney for Fisher or replacing Platt. 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread  Jun 5 2023, 09:52:21 AM

I saw this Saturday night and thought it was very clever and a damn good time! The audience was very responsive and relatively full from what I could see. The cast did say at the stage door that a lot of changes were coming this week. I will see this again after it opens- I actually cannot wait to return- but I’m also a huge Britney fan. I didn’t find it to be better than & Juliet, but it’s just as fun and the cast is uniformly excellent. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You